Chapter 31

Amara
A few months later

"Bitch, I should've took a year off before starting college. I'm exhausted as hell." I nodded my head in agreement as if Nia could see me.

"Trust me, I know. All of the learning new shit got me fucked. I still be forgetting which way my classes are." I responded, pulling up to the house. "What you about to get into?"

"Well, you know we still got that get together at Jermaine's house later. You coming?"

"Oh shit, that was today?" I asked, looking at the date on my phone. Yep, it's the 8th.

"Girl, I know you did not forget?"

"I've been tied up in school work so much that I did. I'm sure Vinchi would've reminded me today tho." I said, stepping out of the car.

"Ight girl, I'm about to go get me and King ready. I'll see you later."

"Okay, boo. I love you, see you later."

"I love you too. Ight." We hung up just as I unlocked the door.

There were bunches of paper that was sitting on the table. Vinchi got back into school and has been working hard ever since. I think he's almost done, but I don't know.

"Baby! I just pulled up!" I yelled, locking the door behind me and walked into the kitchen.

He jumped back, holding his finger. I'm guessing he just burned it on the stove.

"Nigga, what are you doing?" I asked, walking over to him.

"So, you see, I was trying to have you something ready when you got home, but the stove burnt my shit." I laughed, turning the stove off.

"Dawg, leave the cooking to me. I don't want you to kill ya self or anything."

"I can cook, don't do that." He said, wrapping his arm around my neck. "How was school?"

"Don't say school, makes me feel like I'm still in high school. College is the right word to use."

"You a trip, bruh. How was college, Amara?"

"It was straight, still learning everything, you know?" He nodded, placing a kiss on my cheek.

"I know you got this, Fashoo." He said, as I agreed.

"Aye, did you know the get together was suppose to be today?" I asked, wrapping my arms around him. How the fuck did I become a simp?

"Yeah, I picked some clothes out for both of us since I knew you wasn't gonna remember."

"Bet, I'm about to go hop inna shower." I said, walking away. "Yo."

"Yeah?"

"You know we can save more water if we hop in together." I said, smirking as he laughed.

"Fuck it, let's go."
~
"Bro, get the fuck off my back, Malik." I laughed, tryna carry his big ass while he basically tried to kill me.

"No cause ion know why you and Vinchi find this shit funny." He said, mugging both of us.

"Aye, bruh, I ain't even do anything." Vinchi said, holding his hands up.

"What's going on in here?" Jermaine said, giving us a confused look.

"Amara and her lil boyfriend bout to get killed. She walking around the house talking about her legs hurt. You ass better still be a fucking Virgin." Malik said, looking between me and Vinchi.

How late are you?

"Of course I am, Malik. Chill out." I lied, waving him off.

"I did not want to hear that shit." Jermaine walked away with a disgusted look on his face.