Chapter 10

Amara

"W-what happened t-to N-Nia?" I slowly opened my eyes, looking to the side at Khalisè, Kiara and Damien.

"Amara." Khalisè got up with Kiara following behind her, walking up closer to the bed i was in.

"You're awake. Thank God." Kiara said, smiling which made me smile weakly.

"What h-happened to Nia?" I asked again. Khalisè looked at Kiara before looking back at me.

She began to explain everything that's been going on while I was out. I slowly opened my eyes wider.

"And now, the guys are on their way to try and find her." I looked at her before taking a deep breath.

"Amara, what are you doing?" Kiara asked as I was lifting myself up. I moved my legs off the bed slowly, still feeling weak. While holding onto the bed's headboard, I stood up, slowly walking in place.

"I'm going to find Nia." I said, trying to shake the headache that I had off.

"What? Amara, no." Kiara said, placing Damien in the bed since he was sleeping.

"Amara, Dub, Le and Vinchi are already going to go find them." Khalisè said but I slowly shook my head.

"Y-you're the on-ly one with the back g-ground information, Khalisè." I said, holding my head in my hands while standing up.

"But-"

"Look." I said, grabbing the water that was on the stand beside me. Maybe this will help.

After drinking some, I looked between the two of them. "I'm going to f-find my best friend w-with or w-without you."

They just stood there, looking at me. I walked around the room, trying to gain enough energy to do what I gotta do.

"Okay, I'll go with you." Khalisè said, sighing. "Kiara, you stay here and watch Damien."

Kiara nodded as Khalisè walked out of the room.

"Amara, please just be careful." Kiara said, slightly hugging me. I hugged back with the little bit of strength I had.

"I will."

I looked at the door to see Khalisè standing there with a black bag over her shoulder.

"Let's go because we have to stop somewhere first."

I slowly began walking to the door. I don't care how much pain I'm in, Imma find my best friend.
~
Khalisè

"Ight, you sit here and keep a look out alright?" Amara nodded as she drink some more water. We stopped by the store to get her 2 6 packs for some reason.

I pulled my black mask down before getting out the car. I snuck around the house, going to the back door because I know that he leaves his back door open.

I creeped into the house, seeing that he was watching tv while standing up. As I eased up behind him, I made sure not to make a single noise.

I put the cloth over his mouth, watching him pass out onto the floor.

"Damn, now I gotta carry this big ass nigga." I hugged before picking his heavy ass up, throwing him over my shoulder. I might have struggled but I finally got him out.

Once I got him into the back seat, I stretched before getting into the front seat.

"Who is that?" Amara asked, looking at him.

I sighed as I started driving. "You're about to find out."
~
Amara

"Okay, what are we doing first?" I said, making sure the strap that I grabbed from the bag was on me.

We were now outside of this building, a building that doesn't have security. It was also a good thing that the building was no where near any other houses or buildings.

"Well, since Cortez's dumbass forgot to take Nia's phone, I've tracked it to a place in there. All you gotta do is follow it." I nodded, shaking off the pain that was in my leg while also grabbing her phone from her.

"Ight, what about him?" I pointed at the dude that now had a bag over his head since he woke up.

"Imma take care of it, let's go."
~
Omniscient

Vinchi, Jermaine, and Malik walked into the building with Jasmine and Angel at the same time as Khalisè and Amara without even knowing it.

"Nobody's here." Jermaine said, looking at Angel with a mug on his face.

"I told you what I know, Dub."

"I told you this bitch was lying." Malik said, making Angel look at him.

"Who the fuck you calling a bitch?"

"Oh, my apologies." Malik said, waving his hands around. "Hoe. Dub, I told you this hoe was lying."

"Fuck you, Le."

"Bitch, I will shoot yo ass."

"Enough, damn I'm tired of hearing y'all bitches." Cortez said, coming into the room that they were in.

Malik began to pull his gun out but remembered that Cortez was the one that got Nia.

"Had to think about that again, huh?" Malik's jaw tighten after Cortez's comment.

"Yo, don't fucking play with me, dawg. Where the hell is Nia?" Malik yelled, slightly walking up to him. Vinchi put his hand in front of him, stopping.

"Cut the bullshit, Cortez. We all know you ain't bout shit." Vinchi said, shrugging.

"Oh really?" Cortez laughed slightly. "You sure about that?"

Meanwhile

Amara winced as she cut the corner, trying not to be seen. She looked down at Khalisè's phone, seeing that she was now closer to the room.

She continued to walk until she got to the room. She slowly opened the door with one hand while her other had was on her gun.

Nia's eyes got wider from seeing Amara, knowing that her best friend was in a coma when all of this began.

"Okay, thank God you're in here." Amara whispered, taking her pocket knife that she had out of her pocket. She sliced the ropes that was around Nia and ripped the tape off her mouth.

What hurt Amara was seeing all of the bruises and cuts against her skin.

"Amara, how are you even-"

"Nia, I love you but we gotta go." Amara handed her second strap to Nia as she told her to follow her.

Back with the guys, Jermaine was trying to get Cortez to talk, but obviously he wasn't saying shit.

"Cortez, where the fuck is Nia?!" Jermaine yelled, getting irritated. He looked at Angel who shook her head, scrunching his face up at her. He didn't let it bother him though since they couldn't do anything because Jermaine and Malik were holding Angel and Jasmine at gunpoint.

"After getting beat like she did, probably in the same position as your sister, in a coma." Cortez said, laughing with only made Vinchi, Jermaine, and a Malik angrier.

But his laughter soon came to a stop after feeling the tip of someone's gun touch the back of his head.

"Come again?" Amara said, making sure that her strap wasn't on safety. Nia walked over to Jermaine and Malik, knowing that Amara can handle her own.

"I should blow yo fucking head off, you know that right?" Amara said as Malik, Jermaine, and Vinchi were staring at Amara in confusion. Wasn't she just in a coma?

"You sure you wanna do that?"