Chapter 21

Nia

"Nia, you okay?" I stopped straightening my bed as I turned to my father.

"Yes sir."

"Ight well I'm gonna run to the store for a bit. You need anything?" I thought for a second.

"Yeah, buy some dish soap cause we're almost out." He nodded his head before walking out of my room.

I got my phone out, seeing that it was 4 before I started texting.

:where you at hoe

Best Bitch💅🏾💜: at the house by myself, wbu trick

: same, come over?

Best Bitch💅🏾💜: bet, get the Christmas movies out😝

: Christmas is in December

Best Bitch💅🏾💜: soooo?

:bye bitch😭

I shook my head at that girl. That's my best friend for you.

As I reached into the cabinet, getting all the Christmas movies out, my hand ran over a necklace that made me stop in my place.

I slowly picked the "King" necklace up, sighing. After King went to jail, it hurt like hell to wear the necklace. Now, I actually want to put it on.

As I put the necklace on, I looked over at the bear that King won for me when we went to the fair. All of those memories filled my head, making my eyes watery.

"No. You're not about to cry." I mumbled to myself, even tho that shit was a lie.

King's voice filled my ears while I walked over to the bear. I wrapped my arms around it, taking in King's scent since I put his hoodie on the bear.

Damn, I miss you.

There was a knock on the door, letting me know that Amara was here. I don't know why she knocks tho, she act like she doesn't have a key.

I cleared my face up and gave my best smile. "Here I come!"
~
Jermaine

"Can you just chill on me, Kiara? Damn." I mumbled. Soon after, a roll of paper towels came flying towards my head. Luckily, I dodged it.

"Jermaine, ion know what the fuck your problem is, but do not take your shit out on me."

"I ain't did anything." Lie.

"You know what? Fuck it." I scrunched my face up when she started walking out of the kitchen.

"Where you going?"

"Away from you." The door slammed after she got up the stairs.

I ran my hands over my face. "What the fuck, Jermaine?"

I knew I was tripping. Too much shit was on my mind but I didn't mean to take it out on her.

I walked up the stairs, going towards her room.

Once I realized that the door was locked, I knocked on the door. "Kiara."

"Kiara." I repeated.

"What do you want, Dub?" I straightened myself up before clearing my throat. Now is not the time to be getting a semi, nigga.

"Open the door."

"You straight."

"Kiara, open the door."

When she opened the door, I had to resist from smiling. She was cute as hell when she's mad, but I knew if I laughed in any kind of way, I'd get slapped.