Chapter 22

Amara

"The fuck did you say?" I jumped up from hearing Malik's loud ass voice.

I stretched while looking at my phone to see that it was 2 am. Too early for this shit.

"Malik why the hell you yelling at 2 inna morning? Bitches tryna sleep and shii." I yawned.

He basically ignored me, continuing his conversation on the phone.

"Nah, ain't no way. I don't believe it." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. What the hell is going on?

He hung the phone up, running his hands over his face.

"Amara, let's go." He pulled his keys out of his pocket.

"Yo, what the hell happened?" I asked, walking behind him as we rushed out of the house.

"I'll tell you when we get there."

"Just tell me now."

"Amara-"

"Malik. Now." I said after shutting my door. He cranked the car up as we flew down the road.

"Jermaine got arrested." My heart dropped when I heard those words.

"What? N-no. That's not true." I mumbled, reaching into my pocket to get my phone out.

:Jermaine?

:yo stop playing you not really in jail?

:are you?

:text me back dawg

:please

My eyes started to burn when he didn't text me back.

Malik hit his hand on the steering wheel, shaking his arms. More than likely, he's trying to calm himself down.

He reached for his phone, unlocking it.

"What are you doing?"

"Calling my brother."

"Malik." I shook my head. "Malik, sto-"

He snatched his phone away, putting it on the other side of him.

"Move Amara."

"He's not gonna answer."

"Amara, sit back Forreal."

I already knew what was going on through his head. Malik was finna spazz out, basically disconnect from the world. Somehow, I had to try to stop it.

"Malik give me the fucking phone!" I yelled, basically snatching the phone from him.

"Give me my fucking phone back and stop playing!" He yelled back.

"Malik calm the fuck down! You need to chill out befor- Malik watch out!"

A horn went off while I covered my eyes from the big lights in front of me.

Shit.
~

Beep.... Beep.... Beep

I jumped when I felt someone grab my hand. Looking around the room, I realized that I was in a hospital.

"Aye, chill, chill. It's just me." Feeling Vinchi rub the back of my hand slightly calmed me down. That was until I realized something.

"Where's Malik?"

He looked up like he was thinking about something. "He-"

"No." I shook my head. "I need to see my brother. Where is he?"

The door opened, catching my attention.

"Man they ain't have shit on her breakfast menu but some damn toast and you know Amara don't like that shit so- awe shit I was suppose to be back before you woke up." Malik dropped whatever bag he hand in his hand and rushed over to me.

"You're okay, Thank God." I mumbled as I hugged him. I winced and realized that I had a wrap on my arm.

"Awe yeah, when we crashed, the car flipped on your side but the only thing it impacted was your arm." I nodded while relaxing and remembering everything that was going on. "Your doctor should be coming in at any time now."

"Ight." I nodded again. "Has anyone heard from Jermaine yet?"

"Nope." Malik let out a shaky breath. "Nah, not yet."

"Was anybody with him when it happened?"

"Kiara and Damien, I think."

"So Damien saw him get arrested?" Vinchi nodded his head. "Damn dawg."

"Come in." I said after hearing someone knock on the door.

My jaw tightened when I seen two officers walk into the room.

"Hello Ms. Amara, how you doing?" I nodded my head, just waiting to hear whatever bullshit they were finna say.

"We need you two to step out for a second so we can ask her some questions."

"What kind of questions?" Malik asked, holding on to my hand.

"Questions, son. That's all you need to know." Looked at the second officer, not liking his vibe at all.

"You do know that you can not question a minor without a parent being present right?" Vinchi said, sitting up in his chair.

"She doesn't have any parents." I chuckled at the asshole as I sat up. Malik stood up with this look on his face.

"Aye, motherfucka. You know I'm that nigga. Don't get yo ass handed to you."

"Le." I looked at him. "I'm straight. Gone head."

Him and Vinchi looked at each other before leaving the room.

Let's get this shit over with.
~
Malik

"Damn this shit crazy. I gotta find out what the fuck happened." I mumbled as I paced the floor.

"First King and now Dub. Man, what the fuck is going on?" Vinchi asked the same question that I'm wondering.

We on this shit too deep. We gotta do something before all of us get sent to jail.

I got my phone out of my back pocket, answering it.

I dapped Vinchi up before walking out of the hospital to hear clearly.

"Yes, I'll accept the charges."

I tapped my foot as I waited for Jermaine to speak.

"Le."

"Yo, wassup, dawg? You straight? Everything Ight?"

"Yeah, I'm cool." I heard him sigh in the phone. "Ion know what the hell is going on tho. Where's Damien?"

"I think he might still be with Kie." I said, calling the code came out for Kiara. The call is monitored so I can't say too much.

"Man they did that shit in front of my son. They didn't even give a fuck. I didn't want him to see that." I rubbed my hand through my hair after I heard his voice crack.

"Look man, everything gonna be ight. Just keep ya head up bro. We got you."

The automatic voice message came through the phone, letting us know the call was finna end.

"I love you dawg."

"I love you too." The call ended as I went to another call, waiting on an answer.

"Hello?"

"We need to talk."