Chapter 2

Nia

I banged on the door, waiting for this nigga to open it.

When it opened, Malik was giving me a mean ass glare.

"Why the fuck you beating on the door like you 5.0?" He said, crossing his arms. I ignored that snotty ass comment cause now is not the time.

"Not right now, Le."

"Ight, what's going on?" He let me in the house as he stretched.

"Okay, so Cortez-"

"I told you to block that number, Nia."

"I did." I started, getting my phone out. "It's from a different number this time. Usually I wouldn't sweat his shit, but this message got me confused as fuck."

***-***-****: just call me CJ from now on, it'll click sooner or later.

"Who the hell is CJ?" Malik furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'm guessing Cortez. Do y'all know anybody that could be associated with this nigga? Cause I'm so tired of this bitch." I said, crossing my arms.

"No." Malik shrugged. "I don't know anybody that could be anywhere close to this nigga. This dude could be just fucking with us."

"Ight but what if he isn't?"

"Cortez isn't a big threat, Nia. He ain't gonna do shit." He waved me off, walking into the kitchen.

I sighed as I blocked the number, but I also got a screenshot of the messages.

Maybe I'm just over thinking this.
~
Malik
(Later on that day)

"How the hell are we still coming to a dead end?" Jermaine mumbled, typing on his computer.

Right now, me and Jermaine we're trying to find Mr. Bridges daughter and we still haven't got to anything.

"Wait, I got something." I walked over, looking at the computer screen to see a picture of Mr. Bridges and a woman that had a pregnancy belly.

"Okay so that's the mother. Wait a second." I looked in between the two of them. "They look so familiar.."

"What? From where?" Jermaine tilted his head, looking at the picture.

"I don't even know. When I look at both of them they look like someone I've seen before, but why?" I asked more so myself.

Who the hell is Mr. Bridges daughter?
~
Amara

"I'm so sick of this shit, it's pitiful. Why the fuck won't Cortez stupid ass just leave us alone?" I said, groaning in frustration after.

Me, Malik, Jermaine, Khalisè, and Nia are at the trap right now. I showed them the pictures I found and Malik and Nia told me about the text messages.

A knock on the door interrupted our conversation, making me more mad.

"Who the fuck is it?" I asked, crossing my arms.

Malik opened the door and I kinda wish his ass didn't.

The whole room went silent as Vinchi walked into the room. With Malik and Jermaine not knowing what happened between us, they dapped him up, welcoming him back.

I just stared at him, wondering why the hell is he here, but I wasn't finna cause a scene.

"Anyways." I continued, looking around the room. "We gotta get to this nigga and quick. I'm tired of his empty ass threats and acting like he running shit."

"What's going on?" My lip turned up as I looked at Vinchi.

Before I could say anything, Khalisè took the conversation, explaining what happened.

"Something isn't clicking foo." Malik started, making Jermaine agree with him.

"You damn right."

"What, is this nigga tryna say we know him or something?" I asked, thinking about if it was a possibility for me to know this guy. My brain empty as fuck.

"But then again, the nigga could be just fucking with us." Malik said. I grabbed my glock, placing it on the table.

"If he is, Imma kill his ass. Ain't no if, ands or buts about it." I shrugged, being dead ass serious.

"Right, we let this nigga live for too long." Jermaine said, standing up.

"Well what we finna do about it?" Malik stood up too, pulling his shirt down.

"We can't do shit yet because we don't know where his ass is. All we can do is try to figure out why we should call him CJ." I said and everybody nodded. "But in the meantime, we gotta get back to these drops."

Everybody stood up as I looked over the papers. I scoffed seeing me and Vinchi down for a drop together. Hell would freeze over before I do that shit.

"Ight, change of routines. Khalisè, you'll be working with Jermaine and Malik and Nia, you'll be working with Vinchi." I closed the book, grabbing my bag.

"But I thought I was suppose to work with Kh-" I cut Nia off.

"I gotta change it up a bit. Khalisè, Jermaine and Malik, y'all will be covering the drop Khalisè and Nia were suppose to do so y'all better get moving." I put my shades on, walking out of the room before anybody could say anything else.
~
"See no, cause you acting like a fucking bitch." I scoffed, looking at the so called lawyer that I was speaking with.

I started looking around for lawyers to help King get out of jail. This one bitch finna get her shit batted.

"I obviously see that I can't work with you." She rolled her eyes, continuing to chew her gum. It's taking everything in me not to strangle her.

"Yeah, I'm bout to go." I stood up, walking out of the room, slamming the door.

I don't know why, but my anger has been so high lately. Like the smallest shit would piss me off and I can't do shit about it.

"Fucking dumbass bop." I mumbled, walking out of the building I was meeting that woman in.

I walked to my car, getting my keys out of my purse. When I looked up, my mouth dropped.

My car, my car that my brother got me for my birthday, was fucked up, basically almost destroyed. I walked around it, seeing a message on the side of my car.

"Kevin says hi?" I read the message out loud with a confused look on my face.

Who the fuck is Kevin?