41

I changed into a crop top and a pair of shorts, not caring to hide my scars. I took a deep breath, looking at myself in the mirror. My eyes followed the visible cut that trailed down my right arm, the burnt mark on my waist and the whip mark on my left leg. My lips were all red and swollen from the kiss.

I walked outside, the wind making contact with my skin which made me smile. I felt the huge urge to throw myself in the water. I would but not now. I wanted to build a sand castle first. It's immature, I know. But I do not care. My childhood sucked.

Wait, how am I going to build a sand castle if I do not have the things I need? Great...no sand castles then.

I settled on taking a walk. I quite appreciate the feeling the sand against my feet. There were several shells lying here and there and I picked the beautiful big ones.

I suddenly felt something wrapped around me. Before I could even process what was happening, I found myself just above the water but I wasn't in it. He was holding me while standing in the water.

"Put me down." I looked up at Alessio only to find him smirking down at me, "with pleasure."

My eyes widened when I realize what he was about to do. I tried to grip on his shirt but he wasn't wearing any. He then threw me in the water, making me squeeze my eyes shut, not wanting them to burn and I closed my mouth, preventing myself from swallowing the sea water. I hated that taste.

"Idiot!" I wiped the water from my face and glared at him, "I'll kill you."

"You've been saying that for a while now." He mocked, "and here I am...still alive."

He walked towards me while I splashed water on his face making him glare at me, "Don't do that. I hate it when my eyes burn."

"Me too!" I scowled, "yet you threw me. I did not want to get wet."

That's when I noticed his body. He wasn't wearing a shirt, revealing his tattooed body. He had tattoos almost everywhere on his chest, arms. He was wearing a short. I also noticed some other things on his body apart tattoos. He had scars.

He had a long cut from his right breast to his waist in a diagonal line. He had what I assumed was a bullet wound on his abdomen.

"It's just water. Relax, you won't die." He rolled his eyes, "I thought I told you not to hide your sc—" he cut himself off, staring at me.

|Alessio's POV|

She was not hiding her scars.

Her arms, her waist, her legs weren't hidden. I looked at her scars, one by one. She was staring at me, at my body, mostly.

I approached her while she stayed frozen where she was standing. My hand reached out to touch the scar on her arm. It looked like a cut. I traced the scar with my finger slowly making her inhale sharply.

"You are incredible, you know that?" I asked, staring at her intently. "Each and every scar on your body..." I traced the one on her waist and watched as she released a shaky breath, "...has a story to tell."

"What's your story?" She asked in a whisper that would have been inaudible to me if I wasn't so close to her.

She lifted her hand and traced the scar on my chest making a breath hitch in my throat. What was she doing to me? This was far from normal. How could I get turned on merely by her touch? She was affecting me like no otther.

"This..." I paused, the memory flashing in front of my eyes, "I got this from an assassin. We were fighting. I got a scar, he lost his life."

His name was James Colton. He had a knife and I had a gun. Yet, he thought he could beat me. How fucking stupid.

She hummed, moving her finger to the bullet wound, "What about this?"

"Gunshot." I replied, "one of Vladimir's men." Trevor Kent. I never forget the name of those who inflicted a scar on me. It was a sad thing that I didn't get to kill Trevor because Lea already killed him.

"Vladimir?" She repeated, her brows knitted in curiosity, "as in the previous leader of the Russian Mafia?"

"Did you research on that too?" I narrowed my eyes at her, amused. "But yes, it's him."

"How did you become the leader? As far as I know..." she paused, "Lea was his biological daughter so the mafia should've been hers."

"Yeah but she didn't want it." I explained, "so I took it."

"When am I going on my first mission?" She asked, tilting her head to the side in curiosity which was really cute. Everything was cute about her.

"When it's safe for you." I replied truthfully. I wasn't going to send her out there when there's a fucking bounty on her head.

"Okay" she muttered before taking a step backward. She then removed her crop top.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to swim?" She replied unsure of what she should say. She threw her shirt and shorts which she removed on the shore.

I stared at her perfect body. She had a whip mark on her back which made me clench my jaw in anger. How could Luigi fucking Gonzalez do this to her?

I'll kill that man in ways I've never killed anyone before. He didn't even deserve death for what he did to her.