83.

Jessica

As I stop, he makes eye contact with me as he steps out of his truck.

"Nice," I gesture to the vibrant yet deep candy apple red color. It shines to the point where it reflects its surroundings, and I try not to gape at its matching leather interior.

If this is what he drives in personality, I can only imagine what the company car looks like.

"Jessica, I presume?" he implores as I look up, taking in his stature and build. When Jo's words replay in my head, he must be at least 6'0.

"I prefer Jess, but it's whichever works" I smile

"Got it, Jess over Jessica," he smiles. I nod, my eyebrows raising at his voice. "What?" He inquires, noticing my reaction.

"I just didn't expect you to be American," I reply as he smiles again.

"Yeah, I'm originally from Ohio, but I used to live in North Carolina before coming here," he states as his glance moves passed me.

I turn to see Hero coming down the sidewalk. "You never did tell me your name" I look back at him.

"Riley Parker," he states.

"Nice to meet you, Riley Parker," Hero announces as he stops beside me.

"And you are?" Riley asks, sizing Hero up.

"The boyfriend," Hero explains, extending his hand; solace washes over me at Hero's actions. "Names Hero," he continues as Riley shakes his hand.

"Tiffin" Mr. Parker used to live in North Carolina, too," I smile, trying not to sound too excited.

"Is that so?" Hero replies as his eyebrow raises

"Please call me Riley" his eyes move back to mine. "Mr. Parker is my father.

"Right, Riley, you wanted to talk schedule, right?" I ask.

"Yes, there's a pub within walking distance if you want to grab a bite while we talk."

"That would be great! I am hungry. Could you wait one second, though?" I ask, signaling Hero to follow.

"Yeah, of course," he declares as he leans up against his truck.

"No," Hero asserts as I turn around.

"I know you want to check up on Diesel and see your friends, do the whole bro thing. This could be a win-win."

"He's a stranger."

"Technically, everyone is till you introduce yourself," I joke. "Come on. I'm trying to be professional here. What kind of message am I sending if my boyfriend follows me everywhere?"

"That he loves you and wants you to stay safe" A soft smile rises on my lips as he sighs. "Fine," he huffs, pulling his white and gold hoodie over his head. "At least take this. It's going to get colder soon."

I take his hat off. "Trade," I smirk.

As he places his hoodie over my head. I am welcomed by the scent of his Ferragamo cologne and its warm undertones of violet and cedarwood. Bending down, he presses his lips to mine, and I place his hat back on his head. Then stick my hands in, pulling the rest of the hoodie down.