11.

Hero

I ring the doorbell, and Kristen answers.

"Hey, she's in her room," she says as I'm coming in. "It's the last door on the right" she points towards the hallway and then goes back to the living room.

"Oh, come on, I hit the damn button; that wasn't even fair," I hear Jess's voice yell.

"Video games?" I ask Kristen laughing while making my way toward the hallway.

"Yeah," she laughs, turning the tv up some.

"Come in," she says after I knock on her door. I walk in, closing it behind me; she's lying on her stomach on the bed, playing what looks like Super Mario "why won't you jump?? Ugh," she says out of frustration.

I have to admit she sounds pretty cute when she gets all worked up like this. When I first heard her over the phone, I couldn't stop laughing at her.

She adjusts on the bed, and I can't help but notice how her butt looks in her shorts.

"Like what you see?" her voice interrupts my thoughts.

"What? How did you know I was looking?" I raise an eyebrow.

"You just told me," she smirks, setting the game down on the table, adjusting her pillow then turning over. I walk over, sitting on the side of the bed. "So, what's your news?"

"Oh, I got a role in a movie called The Silencing," I smile.

"Hero, that's great! Congratulations!!" she smiles.

"Thanks, I'm excited."

I'm telling her about the audition process when I keep hearing shutter noises and then Jess giggling.

"Are you taking pictures of me?"

"No," she smiles, looking at me. "I can't believe they make you audition multiple times. I have never understood that, but they want to get it right." I kick my shoes off and raise them on the bed.

"Let me see" I climb over her reaching out for her phone as she holds it above her.

"No sir, my eyes only. I need something to remember once you're gone," she says softly, looking up at me.

"Oh really?" before she can answer, I lean down, pressing my lips to hers.

I can tell she's caught off guard but quickly relaxes and puts her arms around my neck as I deepen the kiss. I move, pulling her up with me as I pick her up, sitting her on my lap, pushing her hair from her face and tucking it behind her ear as she kisses me again.

I'm not sure what I was expecting and how it would be if I kissed her, but damn I'm so glad I did. It's almost like she knows what I like without even trying, and she gives me just enough to want more. I pull back, catching my breath.

"Damn, Jess" she closes her eyes, licking her lips, then opens them looking down.

"Was that okay? I mean, it's been a while since I kissed someone" I lift her chin, making her look at me; I can feel my face blush slightly.

"Yes," relief washes over her, and she smiles. I notice her phone is behind her; holding on to her, I lean to grab it.

"Hey!" she says, trying to take it from me.

"I wanna see the pictures," I laugh.

"If you can guess my password," she challenges me.

"You're on."

How hard can it be it's either 4 or 6 numbers, and her birthday would be too obvious. I swipe up and see that it's six numbers. Maybe it's Kristen's birthday? Doubt it; she wouldn't make it something her sister might know.

I still don't understand why she's so distant from her family; she doesn't talk about them much, and I don't push her on it.

Come on, Hero, think if you were Jess...then it hits me what if it's my birthday? I doubt they know anything about me, considering her mum's reaction to the picture she posted of us. 110697  I type it in, and it opens.

"I got it!!" I laugh, and she groans with embarrassment.

"I meant to change it."

"Don't I'm flattered" I kiss her, then scroll through to her last picture.

"Jess? A puppy?" I raise my eyebrow.

"What? It's cute," she smirks, taking the phone.

(I had made a manip of Hero winking with the Snapchat dog filter on his face, but they won't let me use it, so imagine it here)

"You and Diesel can be twins even though he's cuter," she jokes.

"Oh yeah," I push her back, getting on top of her and leaning towards her, making her think I'm going to kiss her but start tickling her instead.

"Okay, okay, stop," she laughs.

"Say I'm cuter," I continue tickling her.

"You're...cuter."

"Thought so," I smile, pulling my hands from her body.

"Where is the silencing filming?" she asks, catching her breath. I move to lay beside her, and she rolls onto her side.

"Canada"

"Thats cool; I have a friend from there," she says as her face lights up. "We don't see each other much though he films in Vancouver mostly," she notices the change in my facial expression. "Hero Fiennes Tiffin are you jealous?" she asks, a little shocked.

"No," I put my hand behind my head, glancing at the tv and then back at her.

"Don't be jealous" she moves closer to me, placing her head on my chest.

"I just really like you, Jess" I pull her closer.

"We're just friends, Hero; if anything, I should be the one who's worried," her voice shakes. "I mean, you could have anyone, especially someone who can.." her voice breaks, and I stop her.

"Don't do that. You know I don't care about that" I look down at her, and she's trying her best not to cry. "Baby, don't cry."

"I'm just, I'm going to miss you" she looks up at me.

"I'm gonna miss you too, but we'll figure it out, I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep. I mean, it's going to be harder than you realize with filming."

"I know this is going to take work, but as long as we communicate, we should be fine," I say as I rub her back.