67.

Jessica

"So you're telling me after all that, Rory just leaves Dean for Jess?" Hero asks me as we continue to lay in the hospital bed while watching Gilmore Girls on his phone.

"Yup. He marries some girl named Lindsey," I reply while making a gagging sound.

"Hey, no spoilers," he says, laughing.

"Sorry, I didn't realize you were so invested," I laugh while using air quotes. "I'll let Jared know you're team Dean," I smirk before snuggling in closer to him.

"Let me guess, you're team Jess?" he jokes, placing his phone down as I look up at him thoughtfully as if to say you want to try that again?

"Okay, okay," he laughs, "but I am hotter than Jared, right? I mean, Dean?" He asks, making me giggle.

"Which Dean?" I smirk.

"Hey, you're a Sam girl," he chuckles.

"Am I?" I ask, making it look like I'm speculating. "Cause I don't know, that shower scene that Dean has in season nine is pretty hott!" I continue to joke with him while pretending to fan myself.

"You think you're cute," he smiles.

"Oh, I know I'm cute," I cock an eyebrow, "it's the only thing I got going for me, well, and my wonderful sense of humor," I smile.

"Nope," he moves to his side moving one of my legs so it's over his so he can pull me in a little closer to him on this already small bed that he's almost too tall for.

"Excuse me? I am a joy, thank you," I reply sarcastically.

I watch his lips pull into a slight smirk, his dimples coming out to play as he responds. "You're more than cute."

He dips his head a little so his mouth is closer to my ear, his breath brushing against it. "And I think our shower scene was hotter than Dean's."

His voice is sensual, and my body instantaneously reacts with such a flash of heat that it races throughout my entire body before hitting my cheeks.

I focus on the small details of his face as he pulls his head back. My cheeks feel as if they're on fire, remembering how he worked my body; his touch was so gentle and yet forceful at the same time.

"Oh yeah?" I lick my lips as he nods, his eyes falling to my lips, his ridiculously long and thick eyelashes contrasting against his face perfectly as his lips meet mine.

I take his hand, moving it under this potato sack of a gown as I slip my tongue into his mouth, and suddenly this less-than-spacious room feels like home.

Since when do his hands shake when he touches me?

My subconscious breaks in as his hand reaches my thigh.

Has reality finally set in? Was Bradley right? Is the mere thought of him touching me enough to make Hero not want to touch me in that way anymore?

I place my arms around his neck, hooking my leg around him more. I need him closer.

When I feel our hips connect, he stops before I can deepen the kiss, forcing me to catch my breath.

"What's wrong?" I do my best to control my voice and not show the disappointment from his rejection on my face before he looks down and then back at me.

"It's okay whatever it is; we can talk about it," I reassure him.

His emerald green eyes search mine, and there's a hint of melancholy in them. It's enough to make me uneasy and fearful of what he might say, but at the same time, I need to know why his mood changed so abruptly.