20.

Hero

Jess comes into her room. "I'm sorry," I blurt out. "I should've called, and I should've talked to you when you called. The guys were just on my ass to stay, so I did. I didn't want to hear the disappointment in your voice, even though you would have said it's fine and that you understood."

She moves towards her closet, which is the farthest from her bed and from where I'm sitting. I can't stand her not wanting to be close to me, she's only a few feet from me, but it feels like fifty. I know I could get up, but the last time I tried to touch her, she told me not to.

"Can you please come closer" I inquire, looking at my hands. I'm afraid of what she might say and the expression on her face. I wouldn't blame her if she just told me to leave.

"If this is too much for you, I understand. I don't want to get in your way. Or be the reason why you don't see your friends. You already don't see them because of work, and maybe we should stop this. Before it begins," her voice is so haunted, she almost doesn't sound like herself.

I look at her, and the expression on her face is worse than what I could have ever experienced. She doesn't look defeated; she doesn't even look hurt anymore; she just looks like she expected this.

I shouldn't have treated her that way back in the parking lot. How could I be so foolish? To think that just because I wouldn't have sex right away, she would go off and find it from someone else? Even worse, how could I not believe her? Once she explained it to me? I know her better than that; she values herself more than that.

I stand up, gathering courage, and I walk over to her. Taking the chance that she doesn't push me away. I bend down, making eye contact with her, as I start to pull her shoes off, then pick her up.

I'm surprised but also relieved when she wraps her arms around my neck, followed by her legs around my waist, and buries her face in my neck. As I sit back down on the bed, just sitting like this having her close to me, I already feel less anxious.

"I'm sorry too, and I should've texted you back instead of ignoring you." She states as she looks at me, her eyes are a dull shade of green. And something inside of me tells me that she needs a little more reassurance from me.

"I want to be with you like this, and it's not too much. It's just new to me, and the thought of another guy seeing your body that way. It honestly drives me nuts; however, I understand Kristen isn't always going to be around. I shouldn't have let him get to me like that, and I definitely shouldn't have treated you that way after you explained it. I'm sorry I made you feel like you had to doubt me, doubt us." I kiss her softly. "Can I stay with you tonight, please?" I ask, pressing my forehead against hers.

"Yes, can you go get Kristen so I can change?"

"Can I help you instead?" she pulls back slightly, then looks down at me.

"Hero, you don't—" I cut her off

"I want to," I say, trying to convince her

"If you're doing it because of Alex—" she starts cautiously.

I lift her chin. "I want to show you it's not an issue; I want to learn in what ways you need help. So when I am here, I can take care of you, but if you're more comfortable with Kristen helping you, I understand."

Her eyes search mine for uncertainty, and when she doesn't find any, she relaxes a little pulling her shirt off.

My eyes fall on her nude, slightly see-through bra, with green vine-like material running over where her nipples are, so you don't see them.

I bite my lip, glancing at how her breasts fill her bra as she moves her hair. So it's over her right shoulder, and I run my hands up her back. Causing her eyes to spark at my touch against her bare skin. As I unhook her bra, I pull my shirt off, placing it over her head. She removes her bra, letting it fall to the floor, then puts her arms in, pulling the rest of it down.

As I pick her up again, she kisses me slipping her tongue into my mouth. Her hand finds its way to my hat, tossing it as I lay her down on the bed.

"Did I say you could touch that?" I whisper teasingly.

"Did I ask?" She looks up at me as if to say what are you going to do about it?

Damn this girl and her mouth, I'm used to girls just telling me what I want to hear. Or just being too overly aggressive sexually but not Jess.

I kiss her chin softly, moving down to her neck, lightly kissing and sucking. A moan softly coming from her lips. As I move down her body, reaching her pants, I unbutton them, pulling them from her body.

Her panties match the green in her bra, and It takes everything in me not to rip them off of her just to see what she tastes like. Looking at her lying there, she's beautiful!

Curves in all right places.

I move back up her body, kissing her again, then standing up. I kick my shoes off and remove my pants. Jess rolls over to her side, propping herself up with her elbow watching me.

"I could get used to seeing that!" She smiles and looks me up and down, causing me to blush.

"I'm sure you have seen me like this way before today or yesterday," I smirk

"I prefer in person more, do your runway walk," she grins.

I shake my head, laughing

"Please," she pouts

"Damnit, Jess, not the pout!" She repeats her actions and then smiles.

Stepping back a few steps, I start walking towards her when I reach the bed. I make a funny face causing her to giggle.

"I could get used to seeing you in my shirts," I say, getting in her bed and pulling her to my chest. I turn Netflix on finding Supernatural.

"Can we watch something else?" she says quickly

"But it's your favorite!" she shrugs

"I'm just not in the mood."

"Not even for dog Dean afternoon?" Her grip slightly tightens around me.

Then it hits me; that's where I know Alex from! He's the angel kid from supernatural, and I look down at Jess; her eyes are focused on the tv.

"Did something happen between you two?"

"I don't want to talk about it. I'd rather enjoy the time we have left together" she looks up at me.

"Okay," I kiss her forehead, not pushing the subject.