7.

The following few chapters will stray from the original timeline so let's pretend this happened before awc finished filming instead of after.

Jessica

The doorbell rings "showtime," Kristen smiles, her eyes lighting up as she heads towards the door to open it; I don't know who's enjoying this more, Hero or Kristen.

Just enjoy it, don't overthink it, have fun, you remember that it's where you laugh and shit.

"Well, if it isn't Mr. Prince Charming. She's in the living room" Kristen's words make me chuckle, or maybe it's the butterflies I feel in my stomach when I hear his footsteps.

I haven't felt this way since... Please don't do that; he's nothing like that he's not.

"You got this," I whisper. Taking a deep breath and looking in the direction of the entrance as he comes into view.

"Hey. Nice," Hero says, looking me up and down.

"Thank you, too," I smile, gesturing to his jeans.

"Yeah, normally I don't wear them, but considering the place, we're going to," he shrugs.

"Which is where exactly?" I ask, trying to see if I can get any information from him.

"You'll see," he smiles, backing up, then walking towards the door and opening it.

"Ugh, fine" I give him a slight eye roll before heading outside. "Are we following you or?"

"I was going to ask if I could ride with you?"

"Yeah, of course, we can put your car in the garage if you want."

"That would be great, thanks."

"You're welcome. Be right back."

****

"You've got to be kidding; food business? I can't imagine that. I mean, acting suits you," I say in disbelief.

I try to picture Hero making sandwiches or delivering them with his cheeky smile.

"It was not that bad, but yeah, I am happier acting; Kristen, take a left up here" Hero points to the road ahead of us.

I can't help but wonder where we're going. It can't be somewhere too public, like the movies or the mall, I don't even want to imagine how Hero does that, but I'm sure there's a way.

The car stops, and Hero gets out while Kristen opens up the opposite side, helping me out; as I'm making my way down and off the ramp, I see a sign showing art showing two to seven.

"Hero, I'm not dressed for something like this," apprehension fills my voice as I look up at him.

"You look fine. You're in jeans, and so am I; everything's going to be fine" he takes my hand, kissing the top of it.

"You're such a dork," I laugh.

"Okay, guys, I'm going to get going. Jess, text me when you two are done; no rush, though," she says, pushing the ramp back into the car.