Secret

J E N N I E

I've been a makeup artist for various celebrities for nearly six years. Currently, I'm on staff at HYBE, having worked at YG for a year before this. I've been with HYBE for two years now.

Initially, I intended to stay at each company for only a year, trying out different things and meeting new people. But I ended up staying here longer than planned. I can't quite remember why I decided to stay, but I've been enjoying my time here, so I didn't overthink it.

"Jennie?" I turned at the sound of my name and smiled as soon as I saw Chahee.

Chahee is one of my close friends now, though we didn't start out that way. She initially thought I was just a fan of the artists, but as we got to know each other, we quickly became best friends.

"Yes?"

"They're on their way," she giggled.

"Ok, I'll just wash my hands," I said as she walked off.

I headed to the bathroom to wash my hands and saw V, one of the BTS members, standing outside, fiddling with his phone.

Chahee said they were still on their way, so seeing him there confused me a bit.

"Good afternoon," I greeted him respectfully and bowed my head.

He looked surprised to see me but quickly regained his composure. He greeted me with a small smile. I entered the washroom and washed my hands.

When I returned, he was gone, so I went straight to the dressing room. Some of the members were already there, and the other makeup artists had started their work.

V was sitting in front of the mirror, looking obviously bored. It was my 13th time doing his makeup in almost a year of working with them, but I still got nervous every time I went near him.

Really near.

Having no choice, I approached him and sanitized my hands to start my work.

I needed to stay professional and not be affected by his charm and intimidating look.

The room was noisy with people talking and moving around. It used to distract me, but now I'm used to it and can focus on doing his makeup.

I was applying the final touch of his lipstick when I realized how close I was to him again. I gulped when my eyes landed on his parted lips.

Fine! I admit it. I admire him. He's the reason I didn't resign after my first year here.

"Are you going to stare at me forever?" he said, catching me off guard.

I quickly stood up straight, feeling ashamed. He caught me staring at him! Who wouldn't feel uncomfortable?

"Your makeup is done," I said, signaling to Chahee to take my place since my heart was racing.

She started fixing his hair while I moved on to J-Hope's makeup. I finally recovered from the embarrassment and started his makeup.

He constantly threw jokes along with Jin, causing some of the staff, including me, to laugh.

After doing their makeup, I started touching up some of the members since they were really chaotic while waiting for their performance, causing their makeup to get a little ruined.

"Chahee noona said that you're going to resign this year?" Jungkook asked as I was retouching his makeup.

I'm one of the makeup artists who always does his makeup, so we've grown a little close. He's a year younger than me, so I treat him like my younger brother.