Life

TW: Suicide Attempt

T H I R D P E R S O N

He's standing up at the very edge of the top floor, as he perfectly sees the night beauty of the city. He looked down to see the road that had been waiting for him to land.

His vision became blurry as tears started to form in his precious eyes. His legs were jelly from the cold he had caught, as he had been standing there for half an hour already.

He was about to jump when he heard a loud door opening and a girl saying a loud "nice".

**

Jennie catches her breath as soon as she reaches the rooftop of the 5-story building. She ran all the way from the third floor up to the top floor, which is why she's almost out of breath.

She smiled after checking if someone had followed her. "Nice!" she excitedly exclaimed, knowing they hadn't caught her again.

She was happily hopping when her eyes caught something... or someone. Her eyes widen in shock after seeing a guy standing at the edge of the floor.

"What are you doing?" Jennie loudly asks so the latter can hear her since she was afraid to approach him because he might jump off if she did.

"Killing myself?" He shrugs as if it's a normal thing to do.

Jennie nodded and gave him a smile. "You want to talk?"

"Do I look like I need someone to talk to right now?" Taehyung remarks in a sassy way, which causes the girl to laugh and a frown on his face to occur.

When she saw that he was serious, she bit her lower lip to prevent herself from laughing. "Sorry, your tone was just really funny to hear."

The lad shook his head and decided not to mind the crazy lady that he was talking to. He almost jumped when he heard her talk again.

"Many people want to live," she started. "But they don't have any chance because of unfortunate things." She looks at him, and she's glad that he's doing the same to her.

It only meant that he was listening.

"It has nothing to do with me. It's not my fault that they can't live longer. If I could, I would gladly give them my life," he insisted.

Jennie chuckles bitterly. "Yeah, it's not your fault. But you can give them a gift without giving your life to them."

"What?" His brows furrowed.

"Live. Live for them. Live your life for them if you feel like you're losing yourself. Until you come back to who you really are," she said.

"What do you mean?" He knows in himself that what she said does make sense, but he won't admit it.

"Everything happens for a reason, so don't give up. Life is hard, but make it fun. You only live once, so why bother carrying such a waste of time problem? Do what makes you happy and don't mind the people around you. Focus on yourself so you can find you in you again."

As the night went on, two people couldn't stop their laughs and fun chats. Exchanging crazy remarks that would always end up with a big laugh.