Sacrifice

In a world once ruled by light, Taehyung had been a guardian, a hero. But a dark force found him, ensnaring his soul and turning his noble heart to shadows.

Taehyung's transformation into a villain was swift and devastating, his love for Jennie now tainted by the darkness that consumed him.

The world cried out for a hero, and one rose to the challenge. This hero, known as Luminary, a symbol of hope and justice, stood against Taehyung.

Fate twisted the knife further, as Jennie, Taehyung's former love, was now Luminary's girlfriend.

One fateful night, the city lay in ruins from their epic clashes. Taehyung, cloaked in darkness, stood atop a crumbling skyscraper, his eyes burning with a mixture of rage and sorrow. Below, Luminary, clad in shimmering armor with determination etched on his face.

"Taehyung, surrender now! This madness must end!" Luminary shouted, his voice echoing through the desolate streets.

Taehyung laughed bitterly. "Madness? You speak of madness while standing beside the woman who once loved me. This is my retribution."

Jennie, standing beside Luminary, stepped forward. "Taehyung, this isn’t you. We can find a way to fix this. Please, let go of the darkness."

Taehyung's eyes softened momentarily before hardening again. "You betrayed me, Jennie. You chose him over me. How can I ever let that go?"

"I never betrayed you," she pleaded, tears streaming down her face. "I thought you were lost forever. I... I had to move on."

"Move on? With him?" Taehyung's voice cracked, revealing the pain beneath his anger. "How can I forgive that?"

With a swift motion, he captured Jennie, holding her tight as dark energy swirled around them. Luminary lunged, but Taehyung was faster, creating a barrier that knocked him back.

Luminary intervened. "This is your last chance, Taehyung. Let her go, and we can end this."

"Let her go?" Taehyung sneered. "She’s mine. And now, she will be the key to your downfall."

Luminary's eyes widened in horror. "No! Please, don't do this."

Jennie struggled, her voice trembling. "Taehyung, please. Don’t hurt him. Don’t hurt anyone else."

But Taehyung's decision was made.

Luminary, his face a mask of agony, lowered his head. "I can't... I can't let the world fall into darkness. I'm sorry, Jennie."

Taehyung's grip tightened, his anger reaching a fever pitch. "You would choose the world over her? You pathetic fool."

Before they could continue, a more sinister figure descended from the sky. This was the true master of the dark force, a being of immense power who had corrupted Taehyung. His presence radiated malice and darkness.

"Taehyung," the dark master hissed, his voice cold and cruel. "You have failed me. You let these emotions weaken you."

Taehyung turned to face him, a flicker of fear and defiance in his eyes. "Master, no! Leave her out of this."

The dark master sneered. "She is the source of your weakness. She must be eliminated."

With a swift motion, the dark master created a blade of pure darkness. Taehyung lunged forward, trying to stop him, but the master was too fast. The blade plunged into Jennie, and her scream echoed through the night.

"No!" Taehyung's cry was one of pure agony. He reached Jennie as she collapsed, her blood staining the ground.

Luminary, eyes wide with horror, rushed to her side. "Jennie! Stay with me, please!"

The dark master laughed, a sound devoid of any warmth. "Now you see, Taehyung. This is the price of weakness."

Taehyung’s rage and sorrow boiled over. The dark force within him surged, fueled by his grief. He turned his power on the dark master, their clash shaking the very foundations of the city. With every ounce of his strength, Taehyung fought, driven by the memory of Jennie.

In a final, desperate act, Taehyung unleashed all his power, a wave of darkness and light that obliterated the dark master and brought silence to the world. The city lay in ruins, a testament to the fierce battle.

Taehyung, now exhausted and broken, knelt beside Jennie’s lifeless body. His tears fell onto her wound, mixing with her blood.

"Jennie, I’m so sorry," he sobbed, his voice breaking. "I couldn’t save you. I couldn’t..."

As his tears fell, they began to glow. The dark force, sensing his pure love and regret, transformed his grief into a healing power. Jennie’s body shuddered, and she gasped for air, her eyes fluttering open.

"Taehyung?" she whispered, her voice weak but filled with a glimmer of hope.

He held her close, his tears healing her wounds. "I’m here, Jennie. I’m so sorry. I never meant for any of this to happen."

She reached up, touching his face gently. "It’s okay. You’re back. That’s all that matters."

In that desolate, broken world, they found solace in each other. The darkness that had consumed Taehyung began to fade, replaced by the love they shared.

It would take time to heal, but together, they would find a way to rebuild, not just the world around them, but the shattered pieces of their hearts.

♡♡♡

A/N: just a drabble from the quote "a superhero will sacrifice you for the world, but a villain will sacrifice the world for you."