Older

It was raining heavily when Jennie entered a store. She's on her way home from her class when it starts raining cats and dogs.

Though she had an umbrella, it was almost of no use with how strong the wind is, almost taking her somewhere along the city.

Although it is getting late, she has no choice but to wait for the rain to stop or for it to subside.

She looked around the store once she closed her umbrella and put it on the rack by the entrance.

It's a book store—nothing out of the ordinary—so she decided to look around. Maybe she could read books while she's waiting.

She's really not a big fan of books and such. She reasoned out that it either made her feel dizzy or sleepy. Which ended up being true sometimes, so it became her archnemesis.

"Hey, can I help you?"

Jennie almost knocked off a shelf in surprise at the sudden voice behind her. Luckily, the man held her waist to pull her closer and used his other hand to stop the shelf from falling.

Her eyes were tightly shot, afraid of seeing a mess for the scene she made.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

Jennie then slowly opened her eyes before blinking rapidly once she finally got to see the man who spoke to her.

Her heart thumps like there's a race in there, and she can't seem to stop because of the breathtaking man in front of her.

His eyes are a doe-like type, with their large size and beautiful almond shape, which gives him a mysterious and soulful look. His nose has a defined bridge and perfect proportions. His lips look soft and inviting, causing Jennie to gulp the lump in her throat.

"Are you okay?" he asks once again, and this time, Jennie was brought back into reality.

She immediately pulled away and properly stood up, her ears and cheeks getting red in embarrassment.

"I'm so sorry." She bows to the man.

"Hey, it's okay." He then patted her shoulder to make her properly stand up. "What's important is that you're not hurt."

Jennie looked at him, and as their gazes met, she was still astonished by how good-looking the man was.

"So, are you okay? Did you get hurt? I'm sorry about surprising you," the man said.

She nods. "I'm okay."

He nodded his head and looked at the glass door, where you could clearly see the heavy rainfall, before he looked back at Jennie again.

"Did you shelter here from the rain?" he asked, to which she nodded as an answer. "You're a little soak."

Jennie looked down at her uniform and saw traces of it getting soaked by the rain. She's also feeling a little cold now.

"Sit there. I'm going to bring you some towels." He points at the sofa near them and then turns his back to leave.

Jennie did as she was instructed to and put her bag on the side. She takes her phone out to call her mom and inform her about her current situation.

Her mom said that she'd tell her dad about it so they could pick her up, but it'd take some time because her dad was still at work.

She just said that she's okay to wait and that she's safe, so her parents won't get too worried.

When the call ended, the man came back with a towel and folded clothes.

"You will get sick if you stay in those clothes. You should get change," he said, pointing to the door at the corner of the store. "That's the bathroom."