Pathetic

Taehyung sat slumped on the sofa in his dimly lit living room, the shadows of the evening enveloping him like a heavy shroud.

The memories of her danced around him, teasing and tormenting him. The soft hum of the air conditioner seemed to mock him, a constant reminder of the emptiness that had settled in his chest.

He ran a hand through his tousled hair, his brows furrowed in frustration. The silence of the house pressed in on him, suffocating and unrelenting.

He closed his eyes, trying to shut out the thoughts that threatened to overwhelm him. But no matter how hard he tried, her laughter echoed in his mind like a cruel taunt.

The room felt suffocating, almost as if it were closing in on him. He drew in a shaky breath, his chest tight with the weight of his emotions.

How had everything gone so wrong? He had thought she was the one, the person who would be by his side through thick and thin.

But now, he was alone in this cold, empty house, with nothing but memories to keep him company.

A bitter laugh bubbled up in his throat, the sound foreign to his own ears. He had never felt so lost, so utterly adrift.

His phone lay on the coffee table, its screen dark and silent. He knew he shouldn't, but he couldn't help but reach for it, his fingers trembling as he unlocked the device.

As he scrolled through old messages and photos, each one felt like a dagger to his heart. The sound of his own ragged breath mingled with the distant hum of cars outside, creating a melancholic symphony that seemed to envelop him entirely.

Taehyung tossed the phone aside, the action abrupt and filled with frustration. He couldn't bear to look at it any longer.

The sorrow that had settled in his bones felt like a heavy burden, one that threatened to crush him entirely.

He longed for an escape, a way to shed the weight of his grief and move on. But the memories of her lingered, refusing to release their hold on his heart.

Suddenly, a piercing ring shattered the heavy silence, causing Taehyung to startle and glance at his phone.

He hesitated for a moment, but the sound persisted, demanding his attention. With a resigned sigh, he picked up the device and answered the call.

"Hello?" His voice was hoarse, betraying the turmoil that churned within him.

"Taehyung, it's me, Jimin," came the voice on the other end of the line. "I know it's tough, but you can't stay cooped up in that house forever. Let's meet up, talk about it. I'll come over right now."

Taehyung hesitated, his grip on the phone tightening. Not wanting anyone to see his current miserable state, he declined the offer.

Taehyung lay sprawled on his bed, his mind consumed by a tempest of emotions. The room around him was cloaked in the eerie silence of solitude, the only sound being the dull hum of the ceiling fan turning lazily overhead.

His gaze was fixed on the cracks in the ceiling, as if seeking solace in the imperfect patterns that stretched across the surface.

As the afternoon sun cast its golden rays through the window, Taehyung's thoughts drifted to his current state of desolation.

His once vibrant spirit had been dampened by the weight of his own melancholy. He couldn't shake the feeling of emptiness that gnawed at his core, leaving him adrift in a sea of despair.

The weight of his own emotions threatened to suffocate him as he struggled to find respite from the overwhelming darkness that enveloped him.

It was at this moment of palpable desolation that a gentle knock echoed through the stillness, jolting Taehyung from his reverie.