Tough

Jennie's head throbbed as she stared at the five positive pregnancy tests on the sink. Each result seemed to mock her, amplifying the chaos in her mind.

"Fuck..." she muttered, burying her face in her hands. The reality was too much to bear.

Of course, she had to get pregnant just as she was on the cusp of achieving her dream of becoming an idol. The management had confirmed her debut alongside her three friends, marking them as the next girl group of their company. She was so close.

Now here she was, cramped in the bathroom, tears streaming down her face, feeling like all her efforts were slipping away.

"No." She shook her head, wiping her tears. "No, I need to get rid of this."

Saying those words felt like a dagger to her heart. She was terrified of the consequences, but it seemed like the only solution. It was either lose the baby or lose her dream.

Looking in the mirror, she saw her disheveled reflection. Exhausted but determined, she knew she had to make a choice.

A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts. She turned toward the sound, waiting for the person outside to speak.

"Jennie? Are you okay? How's the result?" Taehyung's voice was gentle and concerned.

Right. Taehyung. He had brought her the pregnancy tests after she started feeling unwell following their last intimate encounter. Jennie had asked him to get them to confirm her suspicions.

When he showed up at her door with ten different tests, unsure which one was the most accurate, she didn't know what to feel. She took one, waited, and panicked when it showed positive, using half of them to be sure.

Now she was grappling with her options.

She couldn't recall the last time she took her birth control pill. Between the pregnancy symptoms and their busy schedules, she might have unconsciously stopped, mistaking the symptoms for side effects. She always took her pill, but maybe she had missed a few due to exhaustion.

It was all a mess. She felt so careless. Everything she worked hard for, everything her friends worked hard for, was at risk. She didn't want to be the reason their efforts were wasted.

"Jennie?" Taehyung's voice broke through again.

She sighed, washed the tests, and spent half an hour calming herself, preparing to tell Taehyung her decision.

When she emerged, Taehyung looked worried. He hugged her immediately, his embrace soothing her frayed nerves.

His gentle words told her he had already guessed the result. Jennie didn't know if he would accept her decision, but she knew she had to get rid of the unborn child.

"It'll be alright. We'll be alright. I promise," he whispered.

"Taehyung..." she mumbled.

"Hmm?"

He pulled away, his gaze gentle. He cupped her cheeks, caressing them softly.

"I–" she hesitated, her throat tight with emotion. "I w-want to get... an abortion."

Taehyung's smile faded, his hands retracting. "W-what?" Confusion clouded his face. "I mean- why? Don't you want a child? Why would you kill our child?"

Jennie's heart sank.

Of course, he would accept the child. He loved her deeply and would sacrifice anything for their relationship. But Jennie couldn't afford to be selfish. Everything was ready for her debut. Her mom, the management, everyone was counting on her.