Bestfriend

What's worse than liking someone you swore to your life that you can't have?

Being that person's bestfriend.

Taehyung was confident that this simple crush was a one time thing. That he will move on soon enough and act his role beside her.

But no.

As time passes, it feels like his heart was hurting each time he's trying to distract himself from who it was really beating for. His own heart is betraying him.

Taehyung is Jennie's shoulder to cry on. When her first heartbreak occured, Taehyung was the one who wipes those tears away from her and puts back the smile on her face.

He stayed with her until she heals, until she found another person to love.

It goes on and on and on. A never ending cycle that Jennie will come running back to him and become her emotional support.

It almost burst him to shut her up from her crying and just tells her how much she means to him and she doesn't deserve spending her life crying over people who treats her like nothing.

She's never nothing. She have so much to show.

He thought that if he stays by her side, she'll realized someday.

Despite knowing that she doesn't feel the same. He still have this tiny hope that she will soon realized that he's here.

That she have a person that would love her like she deserves.

But he's so wrong.

"Thank you for coming, Taehyung!" she beamed and hugs him in excitement.

Of course.

How could he miss it? It's her special day. Very special day.

He doesn't really want to come at first. He's afraid, too afraid that it will just break his own heart.

But he takes his courage and put a smile on his face.

Congratulating the newlywed couple.

His heart breaks while her heart beats in excitement as the word "I do" slips her tongue.

His heart cries while the people around them screams and applaud for the couple.

He wasn't supposed to be here. Watching the person he loves dearly get married to someone that wasn't him.

But he's still here. Wearing the façade he had built over the years.

Being the supportive bestfriend that he is.

"Thank you, Taehyung." he said as he shakes hands with him.

Taehyung supposed it was an innocent grateful word for coming at the wedding but what the groom had said makes him freeze.

"For giving Jennie to me. I know how much you mean to her that's why I would never ask her to get away from you. You two were bestfriends after all. I'm just thankful that you chose to be quiet and I ended up having her."

It was delivered softly and genuinely so Taehyung can't hate it all.

All he knows right now was that, the groom is aware, fully aware of Taehyung's hopeless love with his wife.

He was lost in thought and just found himself being dragged by Jennie somewhere the venue.

It's a veranda. Jennie was admiring the scenery from here while he looks at her in pure admiration.

"This day can't be more beautiful! I love this so much!" she sounds so excited like a kid that got her very first dollhouse she had been wanting all her life.

The way her eyes has the reflection of the light of the night making it look like it's twinkling on its own.

Jennie sighs once she thought of something and chuckles to herself before looking back at Taehyung.

"You know I used to like you."

His heart stops at the sudden drop of the bomb. His smile fell and his eyes that was adoring her for a while suddenly shaken in nervousness, blinking as if it would do better.

"I know, surprising, right? I really really really liked you. You were my first love. But I thought that it was just a one sided love I couod never get out of that's why I started dating guys and even girls." she laughs at herself and shooks her head.

"But then I met him," she stops and looks at the dark night sky, there are barely any stars up there. "He's amazing. He treats me right. He's just like you. I thought I was just mirroring you and him and I was so wrong. My feelings for him was deep and genuine."

She can't contain the happiness in her and turn to face Taehyung with a smile.

"I was so afraid on confessing to you and that leds me to nothing. So I took up the courage and confessed to him. And that's leads us to where we are right now."

She stops and directly look at his eyes.

"So thank you, thank you for always being there. Thank you for being my bestfriend and my first love." she moves closer to him and engulfed him in a warm hug.

"You will be my forever bestfriend." she mumbles.

His tears falls as his lower lip quiver, returning her hug with same intensity.

His both happy and heartbroken.

But that's not important right now, right?

What's important is that she's happy. And when she's happy. He will be happy.

Not right now, but soon.

All he has to do is continue his façade. That he's merely her bestfriend and nothing more.

They will be bestfriend until their hair turns gray.