Independent

Jennie grew up in poverty. Her family needs to live off of scratch and is trying to strive not to starve.

Ever since she turned the age of realizing how cruel the world is, especially to people like her, she already knew that she needed to work extra hard.

She hates constantly living about questioning how you would survive the other day with the very small amount of money they have that particular day.

That's why she promises herself that she will do her best to be successful. Even if it comes to the idea of not having a man by her side,.

But fate is really playful.

It was Monday morning, and Jennie was on her way to work. Her routine was always the same. From waking up until she fell asleep, her routine never changed.

In the morning, she would wake up and work out for an hour before she ate a healthy breakfast. And then she will head to her office and drown herself in piles of work.

But this typical Monday morning, when she happened to have a couple more minutes before work, she decided to stop by the coffee shop she always passes by on her way to work.

As soon as she entered, warmth spread through her. The smell of beans and coffee is all around the place, given that it's a coffee shop.

She walked towards the counter to place her order before sitting down at an available table as she waited.

When her name was called, she immediately stood up to get it, but as soon as she turned around, unluckily for her and the man just behind her a few seconds ago, the coffee spilled all over the man's clothes and also her hand.

She was just thankful that her choice of coffee for today was an iced americano. A typical drink her assistant always brings her.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" Jennie panicked and took her scarf out of her bag before wiping the man's clothes as if it'd remove the stain on his suite.

The man doesn't seem to mind it at all, insisting that it's alright and it's an accident, but Jennie insisted on compensating for his suite because she knows what an expensive suite looks like and that one was one of them.

"You really don't have to," the man said, but Jennie shook her head.

"Please, let me. It's my fault that your suite got ruined," she replied, pulling the man towards the door after she apologized and gave a tip to the worker who cleaned up the mess she made.

The man just sighed in defeat and let her pull him to the other side of the road, where there's a store where they sell suites.

"Please help yourself. I will pay for anything you choose," she said.

Though he didn't really want to, he ended up choosing a simple one to just get it over with. After he got changed and they were about to leave the shop after she paid, she stopped him and gave him her calling card.

"Here, call me if you need something."

His brows rose in confusion, but he unconsciously took the card she was giving him.

When she looks at her wrist watch, she curses to herself before apologizing to the man and saying that she really needs to go before reminding him to call her if he needs anything.