Sea

Taehyung grew up on an island-not a small, desolate one where survival was a daily struggle, but a decently large island that provided ample entertainment and sustenance for its villagers.

As the son of the island's head, Taehyung knew everyone living there. Their life was comfortable. The harvests were bountiful, and the seas were generous with their fish. In short, the island was blessed, and its people were happy and content.

This prosperity kept the population stable, with many choosing to stay due to the island's abundant blessings. Though some left for the capital, most remained, enjoying the island's comfort and resources.

The island held a secret known only to its inhabitants. Their prosperity wasn't just luck but a blessing from the Mers living nearby. Taehyung's father often told him stories of the Mers, describing them as the island's saviors, and the need to protect them in return.

Years ago, the island struggled immensely. Starvation and disease claimed many lives, and the people, in desperation, prayed for a miracle. It was then that the King of Mers appeared at the shoreline, having noticed their plight. With a kind heart, he approached Taehyung's great-grandfather, the island's head at the time, and offered a deal.

The King of Mers promised to bless the island with fertile soil, abundant fish, and fresh water from a spring he would create at the island's center. In return, the islanders had to keep the Mers' existence a secret and protect them from harm. Desperate, Taehyung's great-grandfather accepted, and the island flourished soon after.

The islanders swore to protect the Mers, and over time, a harmonious relationship developed. The Mers freely interacted with the islanders, forming friendships, though romantic relationships were strictly forbidden. Taehyung had heard tales of islanders falling in love with Mers, but such unions were rare and often tragic.

As the head's son, Taehyung was taught about the Mers from a young age and became friends with a few he met while fishing. He knew the Mers were kind allies but formidable enemies.

One day, while fishing near the rocky shoreline, Taehyung saw a mermaid perched on a sunlit rock, humming a beautiful hymn. Knowing the etiquette, he waited for her to speak first, not wanting to offend.

"It's interesting, isn't it?" she said in a voice like honey.

Taehyung turned to reply and took in her full beauty. Her long, flowing hair shimmered like spun gold, cascading over her shoulders in waves.

Her sea-green eyes sparkled with mysterious allure, reflecting the ocean's depths. Her skin glowed with a soft, pearlescent sheen, and her lips, a delicate coral pink, parted as she hummed.

Her upper body was adorned with strands of seaweed and tiny shells, highlighting her graceful form. Her tail, a dazzling blend of aquamarine and turquoise, shimmered with every movement, casting rainbows in the sunlight.

She looked like a living embodiment of the sea's magic, enchanting all who beheld her.

She was the most gorgeous mermaid Taehyung had ever seen, leaving him almost speechless. She laughed endearingly at his flabbergasted state, bringing him back to reality.

"O-oh... you were saying?" he stammered.

The mermaid smiled. "Humans are really more entertaining than Mers."

Taehyung glanced around cautiously to see if any other Mers were nearby to hear her. "You shouldn't say that. Mers are amazing."

Instead of minding her words, the mermaid laughed even more, amusement sparkling in her emerald eyes. "Sure do more entertaining," she said after managing to stop laughing. "You're an adorable human. What's your name?"