Hidden

"Can we talk?"

For most people, hearing those words from someone will make them worried. It'll make you wonder whether that person will tell you good news or the opposite.

But not in Jennie's case.

"There is nothing to talk about," she replied nonchalantly.

"Please," he said with a begging tone, looking at her in hope of giving him a chance.

Jennie slammed her desk against the folder she was trying to put off. "Why can't you just take a 'no' for an answer?"

"Because..." he was cut off when she slapped him.

"You're the one who fucking left three years ago. No! Not even a single word! You left me hanging. Wondering where you are and why you suddenly left. Then you think that showing up three years later, asking me if you could talk to me as if you hadn't done anything wrong. Do you think I'm dumb?" Jennie's voice almost broke as hot tears welled up in her eyes.

Taehyung became speechless. He consciously bit his lower lip in an attempt to also stop himself from crying, seeing how Jennie looked at him in pain.

He caused her so much pain. She's right. Who is he, showing up loud and proud in front of her, asking for a chance? He was the one who missed the chance. It was all his fault.

The lass covers her face with her hand as she continues to shake in tears. Taehyung slowly walked behind the table where she was standing before enveloping her in a hug.
She didn't push him away. Probably because of her feeling weak.

"I'm sorry," he chanted over and over again in a quivering tone. It turns out he was already a crying mess.

The office was filled with their cries, both longing and pain.

Three years ago, you would never have expected them in a scenario like this. Their relationship was quite normal. They're inseparable, almost being with each other like they're living in the same house, which is not really true.

Yes, they tend to have some quarrels, but they never last a day or even an hour. They are both open-minded, and they understood each other very well.

People always envy them because, despite being together for quite some time, they have never really gotten rid of being so sweet and clingy to each other.

They love each other dearly. But not everyone who used to love each other will end up together, right?

As Jennie split ways with Taehyung (though the boy insisted on bringing her home), she immediately went to her best friend, whom she knew would help her.

"I really like Taehyung for you, actually. It's just a shame that he suddenly left so," she paused, shrugging. "Red flag."

That was her first opinion after Jennie explained everything to her. Starting from the very first time she saw Taehyung after so long, which is, by the way, a month ago, until what happened today

"What should I do?" Jennie sighs in frustration.

"You know, it's not a secret that you still like him. Ever since he left, you never bothered dating anyone nor meeting someone. It's like, you're just a loner. Trust me, Jen, if I weren't your best friend, you'd be drowning yourself with your job already."

Lisa's right, Jennie has been trying to distract herself ever since the breakup, whatever you call it, if it's really a breakup, by working overtime and going to work early.
That's just how she lived.

"Why don't you give the man a chance? You said that he's been trying to talk to you for a month. Probably, now's the time to talk to him. Clear your worries with him. Talk it out. You might lose a chance again once he completely vanishes again." Lisa took a bite of her piece of cake, almost choking on it.