Chapter Eighteen

A sharp blow to the side of my head woke me up from my unconsciousness. I looked around the room until my eyes landed once again on John glowering over me. He had a smirk in place.

"Good morning" he said with a sardonic smile. I returned the smile with a big grin.

"Morning to you too" i replied throwing him off balance for a few seconds. He hated when the person he was torturing was nice to him. It drove him crazy.

His hand made contact with my cheek and threw my face to the side. "Shut up unless I tell you to, you think your smart" i laughed and he blew my face this time. I spat out blood from my mouth and glared at him.

"You see Eva, it's been so long since I saw you last. Your mother was a mistake, she's just like you, thinking they can do anything and go away with it" he laughed and smirked at me.

"I hate your mother with every bone within me, after she left me for that bone headed idiot that calls himself your father, she destroyed my life, and now I'm going to destroy yours" he picked up the belt from the floor. The Brown wooden one he used whenever he paid my mother and I a visit.

I heard the belt before i felt it. It hit me hard at the side of my neck. I felt it again this time on my arm. It couldn't hit most places because I was tied to the chair but he didn't mind hitting me straight in the face. The licks came down harder that I didn't have time to cry out before the next one came landing. I saw blood dripping down from my arm and face. He finally dropped the belt and slapped me across the face exactly where the whip hit me.

"I'll be back" he promised. He started for the door before turning and giving me a crazy smile "don't think your brothers are coming to get you because by then all they'll meet is your corpse" he walked n out and slammed the door.

I breathed out at the fact that I'm still alive. I tried to focus on breathing but it was difficult. In didn't know what time it was but I had expected Ashton to have found me by now.  I wondered why I suddenly believed that my strict stone faced brother will come to find me.

I heard the door start to creak open. I knew it wasn't John because he'd have just barged in. A small part of me expected it to be one of my brothers but i was utterly disappointed. I was faced with an average height girl, with brown hair and green eyes. She had on a faded top and a pair of jeans and her feet were bare. They looked worn from constant walking around without shoes.

We stared at each other in silence but it was comfortable. Her green eyes took in my slumped figure with pain and annoyance.  She was angry for a reason.

"Hello "  I mumbled trying to get her to speak. Her eyes flickered to mine and she managed a dry smile.

"Hey, I'm Marie and I guess you're Eva" she said in a small voice. I raised an eye brow at the fact that she knew my name but then again I wasn't surprised. John was a bigmouth.

"I'm sorry your stuck here,  my uncle is not nice"

"Your uncle?" I asked. She nodded solemnly.

"I brought you some food, you haven't eaten in a few days" few days?  How long have i been here? Marie brought out a tray from outside the door and set it in front of me. It was just a bowl of soup.  It looked horrible but i still let her feed me.

She put the horrible soup in my mouth and poured some of the water down my throat. Once we were done, she packed up the plates and started for the door. We both heard a door slam shut and Marie froze. The door to my cell opened and John walked in.

He looked between both of us trying to comprehend what exactly was happening. His eyes bore into Marie and then I knew we were both in trouble.

"What are you doing here Marie?" He asked stepping towards her. She took a step back almost tripping on her own foot. "What did i tell you about coming here?" He slapped her across the cheek, whipping her face to one side. He slapped her again making her fall to the ground.

"You're insane John, leave the girl alone" i yelled at him. He turned to face me. His eyes were like they were glazed over. I could see nothing. They were  practically life less. We weren't dealing with him, we were dealing with his demon.

He pulled out his gun from his pocket and pointed it at me.

"Shut up or I'll shoot her" he threatened. He pulled Marie up by her hair and dragged her out of the room. I struggled with my ropes trying to release myself but it was as no use.

All i heard were Marie's screams. They got louder and louder as the minutes went by. Then silence. The silence was deadly. John came back.  He glared at me

"Learn to shut up and mind your business" he shot me In the arm. The  impact of the shot sent me to the floor and I screamed in pain. I could feel my blood oozing out from my arm. My vision was becoming blurry. Then everything went black.

Ashton's p.o.v
"What the hell is this place?" Leo grimaced as he walked into Sheila's house. I turned to face them as they walked into the room.

"Took you long enough" i replied them. "This is Sheila's house"
They both stopped looking around and stared at me.

"Eva lived here?" Josh asked.
I nodded and turned to face my laptop.

"We have the footage from the hospital but it didn't show much. There's  a Cafe across the street, they have cameras in front of the cafe, Try and get a footage from there"

Leo got to work hacking into the cameras while Josh tracked Eva clothe. It took a while but we finally got the footage. We watched as the man hit Eva in the head and carry her out. He entered a black car and sped down  the road.

"Wait, zoom in" I ordered when in spotted something odd. Leo zoomed in and wen saw someone with red hair hiding in the bush watching Eva before she was kidnapped.

"Do a face recognition test and find out who that was" i said and turned to Josh "any luck?"

"Just a faint signal but i need to make it a bit stronger" he replied. I sighed and leaned back in my chair. My phone began to ring and I picked it up. I froze. I didn't expect him to call.

"He's calling" i told both of them. They stared at me in horror.

"Pick it then" Josh advised.

I gave him a dead panned look "and tell  him what? That she was kidnapped?"

"If you don't pick it he'll be come suspicuous" Leo offered. I rolled my eyes and sighed. I needed to remain calm. I swiped green and placed the phone on my ear.

"When are going to tell me she was kidnapped? " he asked. I gulped.

Late update. I know. Expect more late updates. I have school.  I'm a senior and I'm preparing for my final exams so that's why. Bye.