Chapter 6

JENNIE POV.

"Jiyong, why hasn't Hyeong taken a bath yet? Don't let him sit in his sweat, he might get sick," I scolded Jiyong, who was playing with Hyeong in the living room.

I was in the kitchen, preparing dinner with Ajumma’s kind help. She was an excellent cook and had taught me various dishes, greatly improving my culinary skills.

"Buzz Lightyear to Star Command, come in Star Command," Jiyong playfully responded, holding a toy in his hand. "No answer received, it'll take a week to repair Buzz Lightyear's mission."

"Hey, I'm Woody. Are you Hyeong's new toy?" he continued, matching Hyeong's energy. Their laughter filled the house, a sound that always warmed my heart. Seeing them like this, happy and carefree, was everything to me.

They were reenacting scenes from "Toy Story," one of Hyeong's favorite movies. Despite having watched it countless times, he never seemed to tire of it, especially when his dad, Jiyong, joined him. Their shared love for the movie brought them closer, and watching their bond grow over something so simple was truly special.

I paused for a moment, leaning against the kitchen counter, and watched them. Jiyong was fully immersed, making exaggerated voices and movements, and Hyeong's face lit up with pure joy. Moments like these made all the challenges worthwhile.

"Ma'am, the food is ready to serve," Ajumma informed me.

"Okay, Ajumma, please set it on the table. The boys might be getting hungry," I replied.

"Yes, ma'am," Ajumma acknowledged with a polite bow. "Would you like me to join you?"

Ajumma hesitated for a moment before declining politely. "No, thank you, ma'am. My duty is to serve you."

I shook my head gently. "No, don't say that. You're like family to us. Please, join us for the meal."

"It's okay, ma'am. I'm happy to serve you," Ajumma insisted.

"Hwagsilhae?" I asked, which meant, "Are you sure?"

"Ne, bu-in," she replied, meaning "Yes, I'm sure." She bowed her head respectfully before heading back to the kitchen to finalize the meal.

"Alright, Space Ranger, it's time to eat," I called out to them, trying to gather their attention.

"Mommy!" Hyeong ran toward me as I approached. I scooped him up in my arms, his joyful smile melting my heart as I planted a kiss on his rosy cheeks.

"Mommy, I want milk!" he declared with a big smile.

"Ooh, can you eat first before drinking your milk? Mommy cooked your favorite food," I replied with a coaxing tone.

"Really? Thai food, Mommy?" he whispered happily in my ear.

I glanced at Jiyong, who was busy picking up the toys scattered around the room.

"No, honey, don't mention that again. That's our little secret, right?" I whispered back, making him giggle and cover his mouth with his tiny hands.

"Hey! What are you two whispering about?" Jiyong asked, approaching us and playfully tickling Hyeong.

"Nothing, he just wants to drink milk, right, Baby?" I said quickly.

Hyeong nodded playfully.

"Okay, I'll mix it for him then," Jiyong replied. He didn't wait for me to respond and quickly went to the kitchen.

I sat on the couch, waiting for Ajumma to finish preparing our food.

"Did you enjoy playing with Daddy?" I asked Hyeong, curious about their bonding time.