fifty-eight.

The venue was already pumping with music as Marcus, Aaron and I walked through the small entrance that opened up into a huge function room. The giant chandeliers that were hanging from the beams and the black and white colour scheme worked beautifully with the modern elegance that Steph was aiming for. She really nailed the aesthetic while also capitalising on the stunning view of Albert Park Lake, which would soon reflect the glimmering lights above us.

"This place looks incredible," I said to Marcus who was also looking up at the fairy lights that were cascading down from the ceiling.

"Certainly does... Oh, there's Libba," He said, placing a hand on my lower back and guiding me through the hundreds of chairs that were placed around the big round tables.

"How gorgeous is this?" Emily exclaimed from her seat as she held up her table card, which had a small personal message inside.

"What a nice touch," Josie said, placing hers into her handbag for safekeeping before looking up at us with a welcoming smile that I returned.

"Hi again," I greeted, looking around the table as everyone said their hello's.

The table appeared to seat around 12 guests and all of them were people we knew, which wasn't surprising considering how many of the numbers we made up. My eyes were glancing across the cursive writing on the small table cards; Aaron Naughton, Hayden Crozier, Matt Suckling, Bailey Smith, Josh Dunkley and Jayden O'Shea were the names scribbled on the individual white cards in front of us.

Marcus moved around behind me, also looking for our names before finding our spot and pulling the chair out beside Tom for me to sit in.

"Thank you," I said as Marcus looked down at me with a playful smirk before pulling out his own chair and taking a seat. "You're very welcome," He whispered back, smoothing down his tie.

"I still haven't fully processed you two being together," Tom stated, looking up at Mitch who also shook his head from across the other side of the large table.

"Connor and I had this exact same conversation yesterday... I think it's because we always see them in a group setting and not together in isolation," He replied before I interjected.

"You're talking about us like we're not here so hello?" I said, waving my hand in front of Tom's face, which he slapped away humorously and choosing to completely ignore me.

"I think you're right. It's very strange..." Tom trailed off, looking at both of us with a teasing smile.

"How is it strange?" Marcus asked, shaking his head with a soft chuckle.

Tom furrowed his eyes, "Because we've only known her to fuck around with absolute losers but you're half-decent and it's thrown me off a bit," He explained before Josie slapped him across the arm,causing him to emit a painful groan. 

"Oh, that comment reminds me of a question I wanted to ask you both..." Josie started as I reached for my water, thinking this conversation had quickly turned into an interrogation.

Marcus did the same, grabbing his glass and turning his head to look at me briefly with a small smile before Josie continued with her burning question.

"When we went out for dinner on Lygon Street with Tobs and Laura and you," She pointed at Marcus, "Made a comment about Catie's sunflower tattoo..." Josie trailed off with a small smirk on her lips.

I knew exactly where this was going and by the light chuckle from Marcus beside me, he definitely knew too. The infamous under-boob tattoo that had everyone at the table that night questioning whether Marcus was just a pervert or if there was something else going on between us.