eighty-four.

+ + +

+ + +

"I'm so excited," Liv enthused as we walked through the gates of Metricon Stadium where we would be attending our first game of the year after weeks of begging the AFL to let us go.

"Hard to believe it's actually happening after everything," Logan said, pushing her stroller through the barricade as I carried Lola, who was wide-eyed and in total awe of being out of the hub.

It had been a tumultuous couple of weeks in the hub as the 20-day footy frenzy got off to a rough start with a big loss to Richmond that had really put a damper on everyone's already frayed spirits. The next match was an away game that meant the boys were off to Adelaide with a 4-day turn around after the Tigers game, which resulted in a disappointing loss and a 24-hour isolation period when they got back to Queensland. All in all, the move to the new resort had put a lot of stress on everyone but it was a relief that we would at least be able to go and cheer on the boys in person.

"Melbourne are really good so I don't like our chances," Tiff said as I looked down at our tickets since I'd somehow been tasked with finding our seats at a venue I'd never thought I would step foot in.

"That's not the attitude I wanna be hearing Tiffany," Elle scolded playfully as I passed Lola off to Logan and looked up at the bold aisle numbers, pointing in the direction of the forward pocket where I'd been told we should be sitting.

The positive part to come out of the announcement that the hubs were here to stay was that we had a new influx of partners coming up to the Gold Coast. Rhylee's girlfriend, Ruby who I'd gotten to know quite well over the last 6 months and Chloe, Pat Lipinski's girlfriend who I'd met a couple of times were among the newcomers. It felt like our group was progressively getting bigger the longer we were here and that added a bit of excitement to the pretty stagnant nature of the every day monotony in the hub.

"Down here, ladies," I announced as everyone stepped down the aisle and since it was a Dees v Dogs game, there were plenty of vacant seats for us to spread out and either enjoy the sun or sit in the shade.

"These pants are so cute," Rudi, Tim English's girlfriend flattered, motioning down to the cream and navy plaid trousers as she walked past with Laith's girlfriend Laine.

"Thanks hun," I replied, looking up at her since she was nearly a foot taller than my short arse and smiled, appreciating the compliment before joining everyone down towards the front row.

"Gotta be close to the action," Elle enthused as she took on the very important role of head cheerleader in honour of the bulldogs cheer squad who were obviously stuck in Melbourne.

"You've got the right idea with a tank, Sull. It's fucking hot," Liv said, fanning herself with her ticket in hopes to take away some of the brutal Gold Coast sun and failing miserably.