39. if you want me in bed so bad, take me to bed

warning
mature content ahead

narrator's pov.
1 month later.

"can we go somewhere?"

"rin, i already told you-"

"you have to finish this, yeah i know," he threw his head back against the wall.

"you don't have to be here," you told him.

it's not exactly the most fun situation. it's 11pm on a thursday night and you're in your dorm studying. mai was out at some party in a different dorm block and she definitely wasn't coming back for the night. rintarou knew that this would happen.

"you've done enough, haven't you? it's been five hours and you haven't even gone to pee yet," he complained. sure it was a ploy to get you away from the assignments which were stressing you out, but he wouldn't be opposed to spending some quality time with you.

"peeing can wait," you told him as you pushed up the glasses that had slid down to the tip of your nose. "i went six or seven hours ago, i still have like two hours before it actually damages my organs."

"that's not healthy, y/n," he poked at the bottom of your stomach where your bladder is.

"rintarou!" you punched his arm.

"ow, y/n!"

you tapped your hand on the side of your thigh trying to remember what you were just about to type. "fuck, i lost my train of thought."

"good, put the screen down and finish it later."

"i can't, rin, i have to prove to that bitch in meth modelling that i'm not an idiot."

"you don't have to prove anything to anyone," he said before pausing and staring at you all confused, "did you say meth modelling?"

"i meant math," you shook your head, muttering something incoherent to yourself. "get it together, y/n, shit."

"baby, you're confusing words again. drop the laptop and go to the bathroom or whatever, this isn't healthy," he put his hand on your back.

"i have to finish all of these before monday," you turned the laptop around to show him, scrolling through the pages filled with graphs and equations that rintarou couldn't even imagine working out.

he slowly closed your laptop and moved it over to your nightstand. "monday is four days away, alright? you pulled an all-nighter yesterday, you can't take another one."

you leaned into him as he pressed a gentle kiss to your temple. "i need to pee," you told him, interrupting the sweet moment.

"you go do that," he patted your back.

you closed the door behind you as you walked in, "the only thing i like about those showers is that they're hot."

you rolled up the towel that was just around your waist and dropped it on the floor next to the door.

"oh, you were showering? i thought you were shitting or something," he laughed.

you grabbed a pen and threw it at him, although your aim definitely wasn't the best in the dark. "you missed," he snorted.

"shut up," you replied.

somehow you were able to navigate your way to your closet door and you slid it open, feeling around for a pair of shorts before you accidentally dropped something. "ugh, what the fuck?"

"you okay down there?"

"yeah, just dropped something." your hands wandered the ground while rintarou got off of the bed and walked towards the light.