49. i love you a lot

warning
mature content ahead

narrator's pov.

you had just come back from school when you felt your phone vibrating in your pocket.

incoming call from
blocked

[accept] [deny]

"hello?" you answered.

"y/n?"

you dropped your keys on the hook and kicked your shoes off next to the shoe rack, "i'm kind of busy."

it had been around a year since she made the effort to even reply to your messages, so you didn't really want to talk. you knew you couldn't completely cut her off, but you were happy not to talk to her after what happened the last time you saw her.

"too busy to talk to your own mother?" she asked.

you sighed, stepping outside when you realised that rintarou's dad was in the living room just off from the doorway.

"you didn't reply to any of my texts, is this not fair?" you said.

"look, i know that last time we talked-"

"last time we talked, you called me a slut and told me to abort your grandson."

"grandson? he's a-"

your facial expressions softened, "did dad not tell you that?"

"no, he doesn't talk about you to me," she told you.

you understood why he wouldn't, but it hurt knowing that your mother didn't even want to acknowledge you.

you pushed that thought away and sighed, "why are you calling me?"

"i wanted to ask if it would be alright for me to meet him," she said.

you were dumbfounded, "you? you want to meet my son?"

"yes."

the audacity of her. "no, i don't want you around him."

"what?"

"you controlled my life until i was 16, i don't want you around him and treating him like that," you argued.

"y/n, i see where i went wrong. all i'm asking for is to see him."

"you can't even apologise," you scoffed.

"i don't see anything to apologise for, you turned out good."

it took everything in you not to start screaming at her through the phone, "i'm an almost burnt out overachiever with diagnosed anxiety. does that sound good to you?!"

"but you're not burnt out yet," she added.

"god, don't call me again," you hung up and went back inside, groaning.

"you alright?" daisuke, rintarou's father, asked.

"yeah," you smiled tiredly. "is rintarou here?"

"i think so," he told you.

"okay, thank you," you nodded before walking to your bedroom and immediately dropping down on your bed.

you were exhausted from the day you had at college and your new part time. you were praying that aito wouldn't wake up for another hour, because you couldn't deal with crying right now.

"bad day?" rintarou asked, lying down next to you.

"kinda," you shrugged, staring up at the ceiling blankly.