40. see? i have the best boyfriend

narrator's pov.
2 weeks later.

today, you were babysitting rintarou's half-siblings while his father had an urgent meeting to attend.

his usual babysitters weren't available on such short notice and his son was the only valid option for the middle of a sunday. luckily for rintarou, you were also free and he was able to pick you up.

"you hungry, ena?" you asked, bouncing her on your knee. she let out a giggle and you smiled at her two little teeth that were coming through. "let's feed you your yogurt."

"you're having too much fun with this," rintarou side-eyed you. sitting on the couch next to his five-year-old brother who was watching slime videos on the tv wasn't his exact idea of fun.

"she's so chubby and quiet," you told him. "you're just the best, aren't you?" you cooed.

"switch?" he mouthed to you.

you laughed at his request and opened the fridge, "you're missing the video, rin."

he groaned and turned back to watch the little boy guess the slime colour. "purple!" kazuhiro yelled, literally at the edge of his seat. "awh, dang it."

"do you wanna play outside?" rintarou asked.

"this is fine," he folded his arms, leaning back against the couch.

your boyfriend failing to get his brother to do anything with him made you grin. he pinched the bridge of his nose, opting to scroll through his phone instead.

a few minutes went by and ena had finished her yogurt.

"ngaw, you're already falling asleep," you kissed the top of her head. "oh fun, you smell like mai's vape."

she yawned in your arms, tucking her head into you. it made your heart happy to see her tiny little hands rested in your chest while you walked to her room.

when you went to put her down, she didn't make any fuss. "you really are a perfect baby," you gasped.

you sat on the floor by her crib while she napped until rintarou walked in, "was she difficult?"

"no, she went straight to sleep before i even had to make her," you whispered. "she's adorable, rin."

"can we switch now?"

you reluctantly agreed, "fine, i'll go watch the slime videos."

"he's watching minecraft compilations now," he told you.

"fuck," you cursed. rin walked past you a bit too cocky, so you made sure to slap his ass as you walked by (which had him almost falling over onto a stroller).

"hey, 'hiro?"

he instantly turned all his attention onto you, "hi y/n!"

"would you maybe like to go play something?"

"anything! i'm good at games," he agreed excitedly.

you clapped your hands and squealed happily, "what do you wanna play?"

"do you know how to play volleyball? my brother's a pro by the way."

"mine too," you laughed softly, taking his hand as he held it out to you. "let's find a volleyball and we'll go to the backyard."

he led you down the hall so you could search for the ball in his bedroom. "what are you doing?" rintarou leaned against ena's doorway staring out at you who was standing against kazuhiro's.