Exile- DSMP Promptober Day 6 (P! Technoblade + Tommyinnit)

P! stands for Platonic!
TW: swearing, fighting, minor injury, blood, mention of Techno's voices

"You hurt me."

"I know."

"I want an apology."

"I know."

"I'm not getting one, am I?"

Techno's lack of an answer spoke for him.

Tommy sulked, knees brought to his chest on the cold stone floor as Techno wrapped gauze around Tommy's forearm. They'd been using training swords, but given that Techno could kill a man with a toothpick, not even the dullest blade was safe for his practice opponent.

Techno tossed the remaining gauze to the side and helped Tommy stand, bracing his sword. "Again."

"Again?" Tommy complained, showing off his bandage like it was a battle scar. "I'm injured!"

"War doesn't wait for your wounds to heal. If you can't fight with a light scratch, I have nothing left to teach you. You're doomed."

At the threat of Techno giving up on him, Tommy snatched up his sword, which had been leaning against the ugly stone wall. Tommy would've much preferred fighting outdoors, where he felt he had the space to breathe, but there was too much of a risk of being caught. Having Pogtopia so close to Manburg would get them all killed if they were discovered. Well, Techno would be fine, as he always was, but Tommy wasn't worried about him. He wasn't even that worried about himself. A certain man walking the line of humanity and insanity crossed his mind.

"Alright, you win. Let's do this."

Techno always let Tommy make the first move. It was custom for Techno's people, he had once explained, that the mentor show their student mercy, allowing them to attack first. As the student improved, the mentor would become less predictable, sometimes attacking first and sometimes not. So, until he found Tommy worthy enough, Techno waited.

Tommy leapt into action, springing himself off the wall his sword had been laying against to give himself the upper hand in terms of speed. This wasn't the first time he'd used that tactic against Techno, but he had to believe it would work this time.

As usual, it didn't, because Techno was just too good. He barely even had to move, deflecting Tommy's attacks like the boy was moving in slow motion. Tommy was small and nimble, making him quite fast, but Techno had the reflexes of a god. He'd been trained by the best, after all, so there was no way an amateur could even make him sweat. Tommy had yet to land a hit and they'd been training for weeks. He was getting frustrated.

"Fuck- can't you go easy on me? Just once?"

Techno knocked Tommy back with his sword, leaving another moderate cut on the same arm as before. "Your enemy won't go easy on you."

"I hate boosting your ego, Techno..." Tommy dropped his sword in surrender before Techno had another chance to attack. "But you and me both know I'll never have an enemy as skilled as you. Can't you fight like a normal person?"

"I wasn't raised to be 'normal,' Tommy. I was raised to win- and now, to teach."

Tommy pressed his hand against the new bleeding wound on his arm. He ignored Techno's previous statement. "I need more gauze."

"You'll survive." Techno picked up Tommy's sword and tossed it to him, getting into a defensive stance. "Again."

But Tommy only nonchalantly swung his sword in a circle, growing disinterested. "Y'know, if you sent me into Manburg with nothing but a rifle and a bottle of vodka, the whole place would be mine in minutes."