Swoosh~!! Wilbur Soot x Quackity

So I made this for crackhead purposes at three in the morning but it's kinda evolved into a legit fic (I think it's really funny don't come after me I beg). Take it seriously or don't, whatever works. It's based off of this fanart because it gives me serotonin:

 It's based off of this fanart because it gives me serotonin:

Wilbur's POV

Quackity and I are close. Maybe not holding-hands close, but we're close.

We were teamed up for the eleventh annual battle championship and it was a pretty big deal. I guess I could've been taking it a bit too seriously.

"Quackity! The next challenge starts in ten minutes, we don't have time to go back to the food court," I grabbed his arm before he could sprint back for yet another Chick-fil-A sandwich.

"Lighten up, I'll be back in plenty of time!" He giggled, but I maintained my grip on him.

"Do you even know how important winning this thing is? God, how'd I get so unlucky to be teamed with someone who doesn't even care? Listen, I- OUCH! Did you just bite me??"

Laughing again, Quackity took my pain as an advantage to run off. I didn't even bother going after him. I needed to bandage my hand.

***

"I'm here! I'm here..." Quackity panted as he practically ran into me, resting his hands on his knees to catch his breath.

It was two minutes until the next challenge and I was fuming. He seemed to take notice.

"What? I made it back in time, just like I said!"

"You bit me!"

"Oh, you're still on that," he responded a bit quietly.

When I turned away from him with my arms crossed, he starting poking me in the side.

"Wilbur, c'mon! Don't ignore me!"

I ignored him despite his protests.

He continued saying my name, probably attracting the attention of everyone in the room. God, he was so annoying.

I suddenly felt a hand on my waist spinning me around and I squealed. I heard Quackity giggle, "SWOOSH~!!" as he rested his other hand on my back and dipped me as if we were dancing. To keep myself from falling I threw my arm around his neck and he took my other hand in his.

"W-what are you doing??" I stuttered.

The places his hands were resting felt as if they were on fire. My face flooded red, seeing as it was quite close to his. My hand was shaking so much that I thought it would lose it's grip on Quackity's. He gave me an amused smile, not making any effort to change the current position we were in.

"Why'd you- why'd you do that?"

"Because-"

He was cut off when the bell rang and the teams began making their way to the next challenge. He let go and I nearly fell.

"Jeez, Wilbur. We're gonna be late if you don't hurry up. This competition's important, you know," Quackity teased as he left me standing there, shellshocked.

I felt very cold now. My back, my hands, my face. Some strange part of me had thought that if that bell hadn't rung...he might've kissed me. An even stranger part of me had been hoping for it.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I ran after him. We were definitely losing this challenge now.