You're Not My Brother- Sleepy Bois Inc + Tubbo

SBI finds Tubbo on the side of the road and Tommy doesn't like him.
It's dialogue-heavy and I apologize for that. But I haven't fed you guys in a while and this is all I have soooo- dinnertime :)
TW: swearing, mentions of child abuse and past trauma

"I don't want him here," Tommy complained.

"Tommy-"

"What? Do we just pick up all of the children on the side of the road now? Can't we just drop him off at an orphanage or something?"

Twelve-year-old Tommy was arguing with Phil for allowing a new person into the family. His family.

"We don't even know him! He could be a damn murderer!" Tommy continued.

"Watch your mouth, Tommy," Phil warned. "And quiet down. I'm not saying you have to be his brother. I just want you to make him feel welcome."

"Maybe I don't want him to feel welcome! I want him to get out!"

"SHUT IT."

Tommy's voice fell immediately. Phil didn't raise his voice often. When he did, it was bad news. Phil took a deep breath, collecting himself before he continued.

"You're being selfish, Tommy. Grow up." And with that, Phil left his son alone in the kitchen to check on the new member of the family, hoping that he hadn't overheard.

Tommy angrily kicked one of the kitchen cabinets, ignoring the tears blurring his vision. This kid had no right in his house. No right to his family. He stormed upstairs and slammed his bedroom door loudly, causing a yelp of surprise from the boy hidden in his closet.

Tommy just barely heard him, opening the closet door and looking down at the kid around his age, who was fumbling with one of Tommy's sweaters.

"What are you doing? Get out."

The other hesitantly stood up. "Sorry...Wil told me to borrow some of your clothes and then I heard yelling so I hid in here."

Tommy didn't hear the majority of his explanation, focusing in on the one thing he didn't like at all.

"Don't call him that."

"Huh?"

"From now on, you call him Wilbur. Only his real family gets to call him Wil. Understand?"

The boy nodded, still messing with the sweater. "Can I borrow this? I don't have anything else."

All Tommy wanted was for the kid to leave. "Sure. Just go."

He left quickly.

***

"Hey, kid. How're you holding up?" Techno asked the young brunette as he opened and closed all the doors in the hallway.

"I- uh, I can't find the bathroom. Oh and I also think Tommy doesn't want me here."

Techno knelt down to eye level. "Don't take it personally. Tommy's a bit of a hothead and he's really protective of his family. But he'll come around, okay? We're with you, and we're not letting you go."

Techno was the first person in the house to give him a hug. It was comforting and unknown to the kid, who'd never experienced family affection. His real parents weren't exactly the warm and friendly type.

***

"Tommy! Dinnertime!" Phil yelled to the boy upstairs, who threw a pillow at his door as a way of saying 'fuck off.'

Sighing, the tired dad of four sat down with his other kids, including the young brunette, who had already finished his plate.

"Can I have more? If you have any more...I'm sorry," he mumbled.