Sick Fic 2020- DreamNap

Just your average sick fic but now it's 2020
y'all know what's up
This isn't 'romanticizing' the coronavirus by the way, it's just an idea I had
TW: Covid-19/coronavirus

Clay sat in his room with his knees pressed against his chest, terrified. Not for himself of course. For the person in the room down the hall who was coughing so much that his throat was probably bleeding. That person was his best friend, who he hadn't seen since he had to lock himself in his room a few days ago.

His phone buzzed. A text from Nick.

Nick: I'm okay.
Clay: I know.
Nick: No you don't. That's why I can hear you crying.
Clay: oh
Nick: I'm gonna call you, okay?

Before Clay could type out a response, Nick was calling him. He answered.

"Relax, okay? Just breathe. You're more worried about me than I am," Nick said into the phone. Clay could almost hear his smile.

"I am relaxed. I'm just worried about you," Clay insisted.

"My test results are getting here in a couple days and then we'll know for sure. And even if I do have it, I'll be okay."

"You don't know that," Clay mumbled.

He heard Nick sigh, then start coughing again. After a minute, he responded.

"You're right. I don't know that. But a little bit of faith goes a long way. I think I can get past this, and I hope you believe in me too."

Clay smiled, using the sleeves of his sweater to dry his eyes. "I do."

*three days later*

Nick and Clay stood on opposite sides of the room, Nick with a letter in his hands. It hadn't been opened.

"This is it, Clay. Are you ready?"

Clay shook his head. "Never. Open it."

Nick carefully opened the letter and started reading his results silently. He looked back up at Clay.

"What? What's it say?" He asked.

...

"It's negative."

"Oh my god...thank god..." Clay gasped, his head in his hands and his heart racing.

Nick folded up the paper and set it on the counter. "I told you everything would be alright."

"I-I know...I was just so worried. I didn't know anything and I hate not knowing things and it all just felt so sudden and unreal and-"

"Clay."

He looked up at his friend from across the room. He was still sick and kinda looked like death, but he was going to be fine. The flu was the worst thing he could possibly have. And despite everything, he was still the cutest person Clay had ever seen.

"It's okay now. You don't have to cry anymore," Nick said.

Clay reached up to touch his own face. Had he been crying? He hadn't noticed. He started laughing.

"I could literally kiss you right now," Clay giggled.

"Maybe when I don't have the flu. Rain check on that kiss," Nick winked, leaving Clay alone in the room with a red face and pounding heart.

*another three days later*

Nick woke up and he felt fine. For the first time in over a week.

"Clay!"

Clay was in Nick's room in about four milliseconds. "Are you okay? What's wrong-"

Before he could get another word out, Nick grabbed his waist and brought him into a kiss, reaching up to cup his best friend's face as he caught Clay by surprise. He melted into the kiss nonetheless. By the time they pulled apart, they were both blushing intensely and catching their breath.

"Wow," was all Clay said.

"Yeah, wow," Nick responded.

"You weren't kidding about that kiss."

"Were you?"

Clay smiled. "Of course not."

He ran his hand through Nick's hair as he kissed him again.

That's kinda gae-
Anyways thanks for reading and sticking with this book for this long. If you like my writing and have something in mind, please please please leave a request because I want to write what my audience wants to see, plus I'm running low on ideas which means that I won't be able to publish a chapter every day ;w;
so yeah I hope y'all enjoyed whatever this thing was, byeee