Meteor Shower- Tubbo, Niki, and Eret being wholesome

There is no ship, just this dynamic trio being wholesome
Tommy starts another war and Tubbo doesn't want to be a part of it.
This war isn't part of the canon SMP plot, I just made it up.
TW: Tommy's a little manipulative, fighting (undetailed), blood (honesty not bad though, this is a hurt/comfort fic)

Tubbo had been through so much. This was the first time in too long that the world was vaguely quiet, the sound of his friends' soft breathing reminding him that he wasn't alone.

It wasn't like this just hours before.

"Tubbo? Um, we may have a problem..."

Whenever Tubbo heard those words come out of Tommy's mouth, he knew he was in for it. Either Tommy had pissed someone off or someone had pissed Tommy off. Neither were any better than the other.

Every time Tommy started a war on his own behalf, Tubbo found himself being dragged into it. He didn't mind, of course, as he loved showing support to his best friend.

But this was crossing the line.

It was crossing the line way too far, Tubbo thought to himself as he leapt over rocks and branches in a desperate attempt to escape his enemies.

"Just go in there, drop the torch, and the place will go up in flames. It's the perfect revenge!" Tommy had said.

"Can't you just let it go?" Tubbo groaned as Tommy practically dragged him to the enemies' base. "I'm not even a part of this!"

"Hey, they burnt down my house first! This is an eye for an eye. Don't you want to help me?"

That wasn't the first time Tubbo had heard that phrase, but it still got to him every time. Of course he wanted to help. But sometimes he wanted to help himself too and just stay out of other people's business.

"C'mere, Tubbo!"

Dream's voice snapped Tubbo out of his reminiscence and he ran faster, nearly tripping over his untied shoelaces. His heart was beating out of his chest and he felt as if his legs would give out at any moment. It was like his entire body was on fire, similar to the current state of the DreamSMP base.

Tubbo felt a wave of relief when he left the woods behind for the safety of town. Someone had to be out and about on such a sunny day, maybe someone could help him.

This relief was immediately shattered when he felt the force of someone's foot kick him square in the back and he faceplanted into the ground, his helmet falling off in the process. By the time he had turned to face his enemy, three swords were pointed at his face.

"Gotcha," Sapnap panted heavily alongside his teammates. Tubbo shuddered in fear. This would be far from painless.

"What are you doing?!"

The sound of a familiar German accent made Tubbo want to cry tears of joy. Niki rushed over and slid onto the ground next to him, shielding him with her slender arms.

"This doesn't concern you, Niki. Get out of the way," George said, trying to shoo her by tapping her arm with his sword.

"Don't. Touch. Him." Tubbo swore he could see the look of hesitation on the enemies' faces. Nobody dared to piss off Niki, not even Dream himself. They all regained composure and laughed.

"Look, do you think I wanna hit a girl? Just watch out, you're not the one we're after," Dream chuckled bitterly, his sword still trained on Tubbo.

Dream raised his sword and Tubbo squeezed his eyes shut. When all he heard was a clang, he cautiously opened an eye to see another familiar face meeting Dream's sword with his own.