It Was Never Meant To Be- Platonic Tubbo + Wilbur Soot

WARNING: This is a platonic fic, meaning it is just a friendship.
This is a part 2 of It Was Never Meant To Be- Platonic Tommyinnit x Tubbo, so go read that first. Go.
I didn't plan it but there are a lot of platonic Tubbo x Wilbur vibes in this one and I'm here for it.
TW: Death, blood, more detailed fighting than the first chapter

Tubbo's POV

I watched Tommy struggle to keep his eyes open, trying to speak but not able to. I held his hand tightly.

"It's gonna be okay. You're gonna be okay, I promise. You're-"

My breath hitched when I felt his hand go limp in mine, and his eyes fluttered shut and didn't open again.

"No."

I shook him a little, to no avail.

"No, no, no! Please!" I cried, burying my face in my hands and sobbing on the ground next to my best friend. Wilbur and Fundy, who had been searching through our things for medical supplies, stopped in their actions when they glanced over to see me crying over Tommy's lifeless body.

Suddenly we heard yells in the distance, getting closer and closer. Wilbur took my shaking hand and beckoned me to stand up.

"Tubbo, we need to get out of here. They're coming for us," he said, his voice shaky.

I stared at the ground, my vision blurry. "Let them."

"What?"

"Let them come for us. Let them see what happens when I see them again."

"Tubbo-"

I pushed him off me and picked up my sword from the ground. I looked in the direction of the voices, the grip on my weapon tightening. Visions of Tommy filled my mind. They weren't getting away with this.

"Tubbo, we are in no position to be fighting right now. Look at yourself!" Wilbur grabbed my wrist to keep me from running off.

I looked down at myself. I was bleeding. I looked at the others. Bleeding. Everything was red. I dropped my sword and turned to Wilbur again. My eyes were red from crying. My face was red from the tear irritation. Red. Everything was red.

***

I kept my head down and followed my team for the rest of the day. I didn't want to look at them. I didn't want to see Wilbur carrying Tommy's lifeless body as we made our way back to L'manburg. I didn't want to see him get buried. I never looked up from the grass, examining every blade as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"Tubbo?"

The funeral was over. The grass was gone, as I was sitting in my room with my pillow pressed against my chest. I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my name. Wilbur sat down next to me.

"What do you want?" I mumbled.

"This wasn't easy for any of us. You don't have to go through this alone," he said. I looked up, for the first time in hours, and saw Wilbur's tear-stained face.

"I know we can't feel exactly what you feel, Tubbo. He was your best friend, your person, and we can't imagine how different things must be for you. And I know you can only think about revenge now-"

"What do you want me to do? I'm not letting them get away with this! If I want revenge I'm getting it, with you...or without you..." I started yelling, but I trailed off when I realized that I didn't know why I was yelling.

"I wasn't going to say that. I was going to say that we'll be with you," Wilbur continued.

The tears started flowing again as I held on to Wilbur's shirt and cried.