Look Where Cheating Got You- Schlattbur

Minecraft, but lava rises every minute, but make it a romantic tragedy.
TW: major character death

Jschlatt's POV

"Remember when we used to be in love?"

I shook his voice out of my head, building higher and higher until I was eventually out of blocks. In my panic I had nearly forgotten the ladders I had made for this occasion. I had some extra in case Wilbur and I had made up, and if he'd lived long enough to sit with me and watch the world be devoured in flames.

I looked above me to see lava falling, but I was no longer in a panic. I knew I would survive, although I had fought dirty to be where I was now. I betrayed the man I loved, leaving him to fend for himself in the rising pits of Hell. And, when he returned to me in desperate need, my pride got in the way and I sabotaged him once more.

Why do I destroy everything I touch?

I had cheated. Scamming and betraying got me here, not my own abilities. It should have been me who had suffered the fiery demise.

My world went shades of orange and I was trapped. Alive, but trapped.

"Look where cheating got you."

"Stop," I mumbled to myself, trying to force his voice out of my head. It was so clear, as if he was right in front of me, sharing the remaining space on the planet.

I wondered what would have happened if I'd shoved my pride away and helped him. Would we be standing here together? Would he embrace me and say that everything would be alright, that there was hope that we could somehow get out of this mess?

I had no hope to hold onto without him.