Klutz- GeorgeNap Soulmate AU

Woah, look at me writing fluff.
Dream is by far the best character in this whole thing, please appreciate him.
TW: George and Sapnap get hurt alot, but it's nothing serious (it's kinda funny actually)

"Ow! What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I didn't even touch you, dude!"

"Right," Sapnap scoffed at his friend and rubbed his aching shoulder.

"Maybe it's your soulmate," Dream offered.

"Would you shut up about soulmates already? Keep that made-up zodiac bullshit away from me."

"Actually, soulmates have nothing to do with zodiac signs," Dream added, running after his friend, "It's more about fate and-"

"I'm not entertaining this idea of yours," Sapnap muttered, trying to put an end to the conversation before Dream went on a tangent. However, he was too late.

"I've studied this kind of thing before. You must be feeling your soulmate's pain. Some other people like you have discovered that they feel random bursts of pain without warning, and they later found that their soulmate was the cause!"

"That's not an act of fate, Dream. That's chronic illness."

"Say what you will. I have a strong feeling about this. Your destiny is about to intertwine with someone else's. And whoever they are, they're a huge klutz," Dream cheerfully said, skipping ahead of Sapnap in the nearly-deserted shopping mall. Suddenly, Sapnap let out another wince in pain and Dream stopped in his tracks.

"Did you see that?"

"I'm seeing stars, dumbass!" Sapnap angrily replied, clutching his head.

Dream bounced from one foot to the other, eagerly pointing at a guy around their age across the mall.

"Holy shit! I found your soulmate!"

"What are you rambling about now?"

"That guy! The one who just ran into that door! He hit his head right before you started feeling pain! This is fate at work, Sapnap! Fate has literally placed your soulmate right in front of you, go talk to him!" Dream was screaming at the top of his lungs now, excited for this discovery as if he'd found his own soulmate.

"I am not gonna go talk to some random- OW! Dude what the hell?"

Dream, who had just kicked Sapnap in the leg because friendship, eagerly checked back to Sapnap's possible soulmate, who was also reciprocating the pain with many colorful words.

"I- that- that's just a coincidence!" Sapnap stuttered, also focusing his attention on the other. He was cute, Sapnap wouldn't lie.

"Disbelieve all you want, Sapnap. If you don't talk to him, I'll drag him all the way over here and you'll have to explain to him why you didn't want to talk to your soulmate."

"He's not my- you know what, fine. I'll talk to him," Sapnap shoved his hyperactive friend to the side and approached a complete stranger.

"My soulmate probably felt that!" Dream called to Sapnap, holding his side that Sapnap had pushed. "Aw, doesn't that just make your heart swoon?"

"Has anyone ever told you to get a life?"

"No, that's why I'm invested in yours!" Dream retorted back, also mumbling under his breath, "Even though your life is kinda lame."

Sapnap's soulmate candidate had been staring at them for quite some time. Everyone in the mall was, in his defense, as the two were practically screaming back and forth at each other. When the raven-haired boy started walking over to him, he got nervous. First of all, he didn't want to get attacked for staring. Second of all, he had gay panics around cute boys.

"Hey, I'm Sapnap."

"I'm sorry."

George had spaced out for so long that now the guy was right in front of him. He mentally facepalmed.

"Uh, why are you sorry?" The other asked.

"I don't know," George said quickly. "Uh, I'm George. Did you- did you need something?"

'Fuck, he's British,' Sapnap angrily though to himself. Of course this adorable person had to be paired with an adorable accent.

"See that guy over there? The stupid-looking one?" Sapnap pointed to Dream.

"The one in green that you keep yelling at?"

"Yeah, that one. He seems to think that you're my soulmate. I don't really- uh- believe in that. But for once in his stupid life, his arguments are actually adding up. And...I didn't think I'd get this far so I don't know what to do now."

George blinked. "I'm your soulmate?"

"No. Well, maybe? I guess yeah, probably."

"Can I hit you?"

"Wow, take me to dinner first."

"I-" George's face flooded red. "I just meant that- we could test the theory. I personally believe in it myself, but I could use some proof too before I go calling some random American my soulmate."

"Okay, yeah. Go ahead."

Slap

Sapnap just started laughing and George was confused.

"I literally didn't even feel that."

"Well it's not my fault that I've never needed to hit someone before!" George responded.

"It's fine, I'll do it myself."

"Sapnap-"

Slap (but with pOwer)

"OW!" George held the side of his face, sporting a new hand mark. Sapnap also recoiled in pain similarly.

"Hey, it worked!"

"You just hit me!" George yelled.

"Wasn't that the point?"

"You're not making a great first impression here."

"I would've ended up indirectly slapping you if I hit myself. Same difference, really," Sapnap replied.

"I guess so," was all George said. He wasn't sure why he was so upset to begin with.

Sapnap looked over his shoulder to see Dream leaning against the banister with a sly 'told you so' smile. He promptly flipped him off and returned his attention to his soulmate.

"So, you're my soulmate," Sapnap mumbled, bewildered. This was the last of Dream's wacky proposals that he believed could be true.

"Yep."

George fished his phone from his pocket. "So, what's your number?"

"Woah, I'm getting your number? Score!"

"You're such an idiot. I can't believe this."

"Can't believe you got spiritually matched with me? I know right, I'm such a catch," Sapnap gave George a silly grin, which earned him an eye roll.

"Yeah, you're definitely something," ignoring Sapnap's annoyed words of protest, he continued, "now give me your number."

***

"Are you gonna keep silently glaring at me or just admit that I was right?" Dream teased on the car ride back to their apartment.

Sapnap sighed. "You were right. There, I said it. Happy?"

"Oh, you have no idea."