♡ chapter 30 ♡

"ah, why it's so cold today?"
Taehyung told himself while wrapping his arms around his upper body.

He just stepping out of the building that used to be owned by his mother which is a fashion company, he thought about it for awhile and Jimin even convinced him to run the company again for his mother's sake. The omega could not help but to agree since his father's company got scammed by Lee family as well.

"I'm craving for hot chocolate"
Taehyung mumbled while he drove the car.

He then parked his car and get out when a small cafe just caught his attention, forming a cute boxy smile as he approached the cafe and stepped inside. The fresh scent of pantries filled into his nostrils as he walked straight to the counter.

Taehyung flashing back a smile at the lady standing at the counter before his eyes landed on the menu board. He smiled again when he saw his favourite drink was there so he placed his order by referring to the menu.

"one hot chocolate, anything else?"

The omega only shook his head with a polite smile on his face, feeling eager to have the drink already. His eyes kept on observing the lady typing something on the register machine that he got no idea of how does it work.

"alright, it'll be 4.35 dollars"

Taehyung nodded his head as he began to take out some cash from his wallet.

"I'll cover his bill"

The sudden voice had caused Taehyung to turn around in pure curiosity. He was frowning as he made eye contact with an alpha who was standing behind him before his eyes widened.

"yoongi-"

"here's my card, ahjumma"
The alpha cut him off as he handed his debit card to the lady who was standing at the counter.

She nodded her head as she proceed with the payment while Taehyung could not help himself but to stare at the alpha. They were not saying anything to each other and that had caused the tension in the air to get even more thicker.

"I'd love regular mocha please?"
Yoongi placed his order to the lady who just nodded her head before his attention was back to the omega standing in front of him.

"you guys may take a seat, I'll send your order"

Taehyung swallowed as no words escaped from his parted mouth. He wanted to run away but his feet seemed to be glued to the wooden floor. His breath hitched when he realised that the alpha was looking at him all the time as if asking him if he would like to take a seat together.

"let's catch up what we have lost"

Cold sweat began to form on his forehead as he broke the eye contact, not knowing what does yoongi mean by his words but he could not make himself asking any more questions. It took a couple of seconds before Taehyung nodded his head and Yoongi lead him to a nearby table.

They sat across each other but non of them ever uttered any single words to break the silence. The poor omega can only rubbed his palms together under the table to calm down his nervous.

"what do you want to talk about?"
Taehyung asked when he could not handle the stare from the alpha sitting across him.

"are you mated?"

Taehyung snapped his head, looking at Yoongi with unreadable expression was plastered on his beautiful face. He seemed confuse with the sudden question from the alpha but he chose to shake his head side to side in denied.

"I just return from office so I might carry some unwanted alpha scents along with me"

Taehyung hoped that he was answering the question. He could feel the awkward tension between them and this had caused him to feel uncomfortable, bouncing his knees in silent.

"why don't you contact me"
Yoongi asked with straight face.

"i changed my number before this"

"can you tell me what have I done to you that caused you to act like this towards me?"
Yoongi asked in pure confusion.

He felt a bit lighter in his chest after asking the question that he kept to himself for the past few years, he never planned to break their friendship in the first place. It will be a huge lie if he told the omega that he never missed his presence.

"we used to be real close"

Taehyung can only chewed his bottom lip, gripping the edge of the table as he planned to run away from the cafe. His breath hitched when he just made eye contact with Yoongi.

"I don't avoid you, it was misunderstanding"
He claimed while he tried to make himself sound confident without stuttering.

"you look like about to run away right now"

Taehyung cursed in his mind while he looking down over his lap, he sometimes forget the alpha can be an observant because of his passiveness.

"i think you should go to your girlfriend already, she must be waiting for you at home for awhile"
Taehyung said while he adjusted his burberry bag strap over his right shoulder.

"It's nice to see you again but i need to meet my friend right now, I'll take my leave now"

With that the omega stood up from his seat and right on time the staff called for him to get his drink.  Taehyung took his cup of hot chocolate and left immediately, not sparing a last glance over the alpha that he just left behind.

The chill wind outside hit him as he just walking through the crowd, straight to his car that he parked a few meters away. After he slammed the car door shut, Taehyung rubbed his cold hands together before he took a deep breath.

"I wanna meet Jimin"
He muttered to himself and drove away.

His mind was too stuffed until he did not even realise that the light was already turned green which had caused the vehicles behind him to grew mad. Cold sweat forming on his forehead when he pulled his foot away from the paddle.

"what's wrong with me"

_***_

follow me 😏

leave your vote and comments 💖💖💖

thank you!!