Chapter 5

Shanya's POV

Monday 5:00 PM

I drive in and park my car. I decided that I wouldn't be driving the Range anymore, I don't want to have any permanent ties to Alex, I will be relying on myself more to save myself from heartache.

I must protect my heart from the one I love the most.

I could have gotten here earlier but I stopped at my house to see Leah and drop off my stuff. We talked and I told her all that I was feeling. I'm happy I have her even if it's just to listen.

I get out of the car and walk into the house. Alex is in the kitchen waiting on me it seems.

"Alex" I say in greeting as I walk over to the sink to wash my hands, then get a bottle of water from the counter.

"Hello Shanya, how was school?" He asks sounding a little nervous.

"Good." I respond, I'm not in the talking mood today, I shouldn't have come.

"Ok" he mumbles.

"Alex is there a reason why Jubba can't date Leah?" I ask him.

"It's against company policy, he's assigned to her so it's a conflict of interest." He tells me.

"Ok, so can't you reassign him?" I ask.

"I don't want to reassign him." he says.

I kiss my teeth and walk out of the kitchen.

"Shanya stop, you can't tell me how to run my business. Jubba is the best personal security I have. Technically he's assigned to you but because you're always here it was ok to assign him to your friend."

"Why would I need security? That's a little extreme." I roll my eyes and tell him.

He hisses his teeth "It look like seh yuh no understand who you deh wid enuh."

"I guess, I don't!" I angrily reply.

"Shanya outside of owning the top security firm in the country, my father is rich, I'm set to inherit everything. I'm a hacker and a lot of people would like to see me dead if they ever found out who I was. The money I make from one hacking job is more than I earn from all my businesses combined in a month and I have quite a few businesses Shanya. People will try to get to me through you and that is why you need security." He tells me.

"I don't need security Mr. Holt." I tell him and walk off.

"Shanya grow the fuck up and stop walking away while I'm speaking to you." He raises his voice and I stop and turn to look at him. He's pissing me the fuck off.

"Were you trying to help me grow up when you fucked me for hours, cum on my face and then called me a bitch?" My voice drips with sarcasm.

"I never called you a bitch, I told you that you were acting like one." He retorts and my anger reaches a new level.

"That's not how I remember it! You can't fuck me into submission Alex!" I scream at him.

"I'm not trying to get you to submit, I need you to respect our relationship. You're in a committed relationship so you can't go grinding on your ex-man in a dance!" He yells at me.

"It wasn't so committed when you left me though!" I kiss my teeth and turn to leave but he grabs my hand.

I pull away my hand and shout "Bredda yuh fucking deaf, mi seh no touch mi!"

He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, "Yes, I left, I've apologised for that. You need to take some responsibility too, you messed up."

"I know I messed up; it was never my intention to hurt you. I wasn't thinking, the music came on and I started dancing. Jamie and I dance well together so the moves flowed." I admit.