Chapter 10

Alex's POV

Saturday 11:00 AM

I rub my hand on Shanya's leg to wake her, "Shanya we're almost there."

She opens her eyes and smile at me, such a stunning beauty, I smile back at her.

I drive up to the gate and punch in the code, the gate opens, and I drive up the hill to the house.

My grandma is outside waiting one me, I park and climb out of the vehicle smiling down at her.

"Alexander, are you getting taller or am I getting shorter?" She asks and I hug her lifting her off the ground.

"Grandma, I think you're getting shorter." I say and kiss her cheek.

"Where is she?" She looks up at me and asks mischievously. I smile and walk around the car to get Shanya. I look in her eyes and see that she's nervous.

"Don't be nervous Baby." I tell her and she takes a deep breath and holds my hand.

We walk to where my grandma is standing, "Grandma, this is Shanya, Shanya, this is my grandma Joy." I make the introductions and my grandma gives Shanya a hug.

"Nice to meet you Shanya, Alexander was right, you are indeed beautiful." She says and Shanya blushes.

"Thank you Ma'am and it's a pleasure meeting you also." Shanya says with a smile.

"Ma'am? I'm only seventy-nine so please call me Joy." Grandma says, joining hands with Shanya and turning towards the house.

"Ok, Joy." Shanya says and laughs.

"I hear that you're a dancer, come let me show you, my studio." Grandma says and I know that's the end of the day for me.

Shanya's POV

Saturday 2:00 PM

"Alex, can we stay so that I can watch the children practice?" I run up to Alex and ask as he sits watching TV in the living room.

He smiles and nods and I rush back to the dance studio.  I haven't left the studio since we arrived. Joy is amazing and she can dance. She's a retired creative arts teacher. She still teaches young children and currently she's training them for a concert at her church. She says that she loves dancehall over everything and showed me her photos from when she was younger. I think Alex is a lighter version of her.

She asked me to show her some of the latest moves in dancehall and I was shocked that she caught on so quickly. For an old lady she is very flexible and whines like any young girl. "God will forgive me for whining now that I'm in the church but that's what my husband loved about me." She told me and I died with laughter.

Joy is easy to get along with, she doesn't take anything seriously, she reminds me of Leah in that way. She gave me dancing clothes so that she could give me a few tips to help improve my transitions.

"I don't think Alex likes the way I dance." I told her during our session.

"Are you sure about that? That's not what Alexander told me." She laughs and shakes her head.

"What do you mean?" I stopped and asked her.

"Shanya, Alexander is very reserved but when you get to know him better, you'll learn to read his body and eyes, they say much more than he does." She smiles and I nod.

2:30 PM

I sit and watch her train the children in dance, song, and drama. I'd want her to interact with my child, she's really a natural. My child, why am I thinking about children? I push the thought to the back of my mind.