Chapter 15

Alex's POV

Thursday 10:00 AM

I am in my office at Holt Systems because I need to talk to Jubba privately and too many people are at the house.

"Boss, yuh did right, him get release last week and mi links dem seh him a search fi her. It tek a while fi mi get d information because mi top link off d radar, mi cyaan reach him."

"Bomboclaat man, yuh see why mi shoulda kill him? Next time remind me not to listen to you." I tell him.

He laughs, "Too much clean up dat fi Anthony, plus we needed him alive. Yuh know it was the right call." He tells me.

I know at the time he was right, but I still regret listening to him.

"Next time marrow ago fly, mi nah hitch so know dat." I tell him.

"Alright Boss, mi assign two guards to shadow her from a distance until wi can locate the fool."

"If he wasn't a dunce mi ketch him long time enuh but he's not online." I say hissing my teeth.

I got suspicious after Shanya's conversation with Rohan in St. Ann on Saturday, I told Jubba to find out from his link in Mobay if any changes were being made. However, it was her actions on Monday evening that sent me digging. I knew something was wrong with her, she was afraid and hiding it.

There was nothing strange in her phone except that she accepted a call from the number she had asked me about. I hacked into the account and found out that the number belonged to the aunt of Shanna-Kay Bishop, Shanya's friend and cousin of her ex-boyfriend.

I dug further and found out that her ex had been released from jail and that must have been the reason Shanna-Kay contacted her from a different number.

"Boss yuh know wi affi get rid of her car though, wi cyaan chance her driving it and dem ketch har inna it. It no bulletproof and it can't outrun nothing." Jubba says interrupting my thoughts.

I sigh, "A problem dis ago cause enuh, she's hooked on that car and won't agree to sell it." I express.

"Yeah but wi cyaan tek no chance, a life and death dis. Is years mi a watch over har and mi no plan fi fail har now." He says passionately.

"Find a buyer for it, I'll take the heat." I tell him.

"She nah go like it but is for her own good, one day she'll understand." He tells me and I nod knowing that Shanya is going to skin me alive for this.

"Alright Boss," he says and walks out of the office.

Shanya's POV

Thursday 4:30 PM

Daryl, Kadian and I are in the first floor living room while Leah and her friends are in the study room that Alex put together.

I had one class today and we came back here to start studying again. We have all been here since Tuesday and we've been very productive.

They love it here; Ava has been a dream ensuring that we are fed and comfortable. I've hardly seen Alex though. He has stayed out of our way, but I know he's around, so I feel safe.

Speak of the devil, I hear him come into the house and I'm happy. He walks into the living room and says, "Good evening".

"Hey Alex" Kadian and Daryl say in unison.

He stands looking at me and I get up off the floor to go greet him.

"Hey White boy," I stand on my toes to kiss his lips. He wraps his hand around my waist and deepens the kiss.

"Ahem Ahem," I look to see Leah standing at the study room door clearing her throat and smiling.

"Wah gwaan Leah?" Alex says still holding my waist.

"Hey Alex, yuh good?" She asks walking over to us.

"Yeah, just saying hello to my girl." He says and kisses my forehead. "I'll be out of your way in a minute, just need some food." He says releasing me.

"I'm hungry too and I need a break, so I'll join you." She tells him and they make their way to the kitchen.

"You guys make a great couple." Kadian says.

"Yeah, if only he was gay." Daryl says wiggling his brows and laughing.

I laugh "Do you  want anything from the kitchen?" I ask turning to go into the kitchen.

"Soda and chips for me please." Kadian says.

"Nah, I'm still full of Ava's curried chicken from earlier." Daryl tells me.

I enter the kitchen and Alex is standing in front of the microwave laughing.

"Leah, leave mi man alone." I tell her, going to the fridge.

"I'm doing research." she says.

"Jubba?" I ask.

"Girl you know it." She tells me laughing.

I grab the sodas and chips, taking extra because I know Daryl is going to want even though he declined earlier.

"Good luck Babe." I tell Alex.

"Please don't leave me with her." Alex fake begs.

"Can't help you there White boy." I kiss him before leaving the kitchen.

"So does he have a girlfriend?" I hear Leah ask and I shake my head and smile.

Shanya's POV

Friday 6:00 PM

All of us are in the living room watching a movie, taking a break from studying.

"Anyone want pizza?" I ask and everyone says yes.

"Ok, I'll order and go pick it up." I say getting up to go for my phone that is charging across the room.

I order a variety of pizzas ensuring that I get one with vegetable toppings for my man.

"I'll come with you hon." Daryl says.

"Let me just run and tell Alex that I'm going." I tell him.

I stand at the bottom of the stairs and call out to Alex. He answers and I tell him that we're going to go pick up pizza.

I don't see my key on the entrance table but sometimes I have a bad habit of leaving the key in the car. I head outside but my car is not where I left it. Maybe Alex moved it into the garage, so I go to check but it's not there.

"Wah happen?" Daryl asks.

"I can't find my car but come." I take up the Benz key and head out.

*****

Don't forget to VOTE!!!