Chapter 24

Shanya's POV

Wednesday 11:20 AM

I sprint through the front door and Alex is standing beside his G Wagon smirking at me.

"Shanya why am I always waiting on you?" He complains while opening the door for me to climb in.

"I was taking a shower," I answer.

"You took one this morning," he tells me as he climbs into the vehicle.

"Yeah, so?" I ask and he shakes his head at me.

"Can I drive it?" I ask him and he shakes his head saying no.

"I don't want you stealing another car from me," he explains.

"Pleeeaaassseee Baby," I beg and rub my hand on his thigh. He sighs, gets out of the vehicle, and walk around to open my door. I jump down and throw my arms around his neck, giving him a quick kiss.

I run around to the driver's side screaming and jumping up and down. I climb in and start the vehicle.

"Yuh try control yuh heavy foot enuh." He warns and points to where I should go.

"Alex my foot is very light, ask your shoulders." I say and he laughs.

"Good one Miss Cunningham," he tells me.

We are driving on the property, and I am loving the scenery. It is so calming and beautiful.

"Eyes on the road Shanya." He instructs and I stop sightseeing and focus.

Five minutes into the drive he tells me to make a right turn. The road is narrow and both sides are lined with trees. Two minutes after turning off we come to a small clearing.

This is by far the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. He tells me to park the car, I do and climb out.

I am looking at a small meadow, the grass is a rich green with yellow flowers peeking out. To the left of the meadow is a big rock with water flowing out of the creases. There's a big tree to the right, almost covering the meadow, creating well-needed shade.

I walk over to the tree and sit on the swing that is there. "Did you make this swing?" I ask Alex.

"Yep," he answers.

"This is beautiful, it's so relaxing, I love it here." I express, this place is truly beautiful.

"I thought you would, I used to come here often to clear my head before we got together." He shares and I smile at him.

"What kind of tree is this?" I question as he is spreading blankets on the grass.

"It's a Sycamore tree, we don't have a lot in Jamaica and many people consider them to be bad trees, but I love this one and decided not to cut it down." He tells me.

"It was under the Sycamore tree, Alex waan mi bow and mi tell him fi flee." I start singing Lady Saw's song.

Alex is laughing at me, and I can't help laughing with him.

"Yuh know seh yuh fool though." He tells me and pulls me down to lay on the blankets with him.

I laugh and snuggle up to him, "Thanks for taking me here." I tell him and he kisses the top of my head.

Alex starts telling me about Sycamore trees, facts that I don't care for, but his voice is calming so I listen. He's also talking without me asking a question so that's a good thing.

"Alex, why do you know so much about sycamore trees?" I ask.

"I must have read it somewhere. If I read it, I remember it for life."