Chapter 28

Shanya's POV

Wednesday 5:00 PM

I'm heading back to the house; I'm still not feeling one hundred percent. I'll probably sleep in another bedroom tonight and move back to Mona tomorrow.

"Shanya, I've known you since you were three years old, I fell in love with you when you were sixteen. From then till now there's nobody else for me." I hear Alex say.

I must be hearing wrong. Leah did say I was hallucinating at one point. I need to go and rest.

"What?" I turn and ask him. I can't read his face, but his eyes are showing several emotions at once.

Alex is scared and nervous.

"When I tell you that I've loved you for longer than you know, it's the truth." He tells me.

"I don't understand what you're saying, Alex." I'm getting annoyed now.

"Let's go back to our room and talk there." He says and walks forward.

Is he fucking crazy? I'm not moving.

"No! We're having this discussion right here Alex!" I raise my voice in determination.

"Shanya calm down and let's talk inside." He begs me and the only thing left for me to do is scream.

"Alex, now!" My voice is firm but calm.

"Nya, I met you when you were three, you told me that you loved my eyes, that they reminded you of the sea. You knew me as Nerd because that is what Ethan called me." He explains but I don't think I understand what he's saying.

His eyes do remind me of the sea. When I first met him, his eyes looked familiar and the first time I called him Nerd I had a déjà vu feeling but that makes no sense.

"Nya? That's what Ethan called me." I say out loud to myself.

"Yes, he would always brag that he gave you your name and that you should be grateful because your mother wanted to name you Pamela after your grandma. He called you Nya for short and in my mind, that's what I call you too." He tells me and I feel slow mentally.

"Wait, what? How do you know that?" I ask him because he's confusing me.

"Your brother, Ethan and I were best friends." He tells me.

My head is hurting, I need to sit or lay down.

"I don't know what you hacked into to know about my brother but for someone who claims to love me you're playing a cruel joke," I tell him and I am now seething with rage.

"Shanya you're not listening to me, remember I told you that I came to Jamaica when I was twelve. Ethan, Dane, Omar, and I met in high school and became best friends. Before Ethan left, he asked me to take care of you and your mother..."

"Wait what?" I cut him off.

Mi cyaan believe this bloodclaat! A mus joke dis to pussyclaat!

"You knew Mummy?" Mi livid yah now.

"Yes, I've known Aunty since I was twelve." He tells me and I can see him waiting for my reaction.

"Aunty? Wah?" I say more to myself than to him.

"Yes, we all call her Aunty, we've never known her as anything else." He tells me and I stare at him trying to wrap my head around what he's saying.

"We?" I ask him and he sighs.

"Omar, Tricia and Dane." He's watching me but his eyes show that he's afraid.

"Wah d bloodclaat yuh a seh to mi Alex? So, all this time yuh and mi Madda well chummy and have mi in d dark like a fucking idiot?" I scream at him.

"Shanya give me a chance to explain." He says with a sigh.

"Explain what Alexander? It's been months and you couldn't find a moment in that time to tell me this?" I scream at him; he moves to touch me, and I step back.

"Shanya it's not that simple." He explains and I kiss my teeth.

"You're the genius, do I have something on my forehead that tell men that I'm a fucking idiot and they can keep me in the dark and control my life? Tell mi if yuh seet because mi convince seh it deh deh!" I fold my arms and wait for his response.

"Shanya please" He begs and tries to touch me.

"Don't touch me" I take some deep breaths; I need to calm down.

"Alex, start from the bloodclaat beginning and no lef nothing out." I tell him and move to sit under the tree.

*****

Ahhh sigh, we've come to the end of book 2, I hope you enjoyed it.

I can't stop saying thank you for the support, If only one person had read my book I would've been happy but to know that so many of you took the time to read it mek mi glad bag buss!

Depending on my 9 to 5 workload book 3 should be out by the week of November 8. I am hopeful that it will be ready before that as the book is finished I just need to edit it. 

Mi soon come back wid Alex bizniz! Likkle more!!!