Chapter 7

Alex's POV

Thursday 4:00 PM

I haven't touched a computer in days, I have no interest in it. It's weird because computers normally bring me peace, but I'm not interested in anything but Shanya right now.

Shanya has me thinking that maybe I didn't mean anything to her so it's easy for her to move on. How did I get it so wrong? I wasn't expecting her to love me as much as I love her, in the short space of time but I thought she at least cared about me a lot.

There's a buzz at the gate and I check to see who it is. It's Dane, fuck I'm not in the mood for company. I see another car drive up behind him and I realise that Omar is also here.

Fuck, I open the gate and they drive through, park and enter the house.

"Yow Nerd is what really a gwaan?" Omar asks as he makes his way over to where I am in the living room laying on the sofa.

I don't answer him, my eyes are closed.

"You went missing for one month with Shanya calling us and asking for you. You ignored our calls and now you're back and nothing Bredda?" Dane speaks up.

I still don't answer.

"I had to threaten Kim to get her to tell me that you're back and you and Shanya not together anymore."

Well, that hasn't been decided yet but is that what she's telling her friends? I guess it's over for good then.

I feel water on my face, I jump up from the sofa wiping my face. "Bomboclaat Bredda yuh a mad?" I ask Omar who has a glass in his hand.

"Start talking genius boy." He says.

"Yuh ago pay fi clean mi fucking sofa enuh." I tell him sitting back down.

"It will air dry." He says, and I kiss my teeth.

"Talk to me Alexander." I hear Dane say and I hold down my head and start telling them what happened.

"So, yuh replace d table yet?" Omar asks when I finish talking.

Dane slaps him across the back of his head, and he screams in pain making me laugh for the first time in over a month.

"You know I didn't agree with you dating Ethan's sister, but I see that the two of you are meant to be. She's made for you because yuh hard fi deal wid sometimes and she handles you effortlessly.

You fucked up big time, yuh can't treat yuh woman like that. Is yuh equal dat enuh Bredda, she's not a horse, yuh cyaan break her in.

She dance wid d man and yuh vex but yuh cyaan run gone a foreign leave her after yuh break her.

Yuh remember what happened last time, she ended up in the hospital. Do you remember how you felt? Suppose dat did happen again? How yuh woulda live wid yuh self?

Shanya have all right fi lef yuh bloodclaat enuh because fi a genius yuh fool yuh fuck.

A fuckry yuh gwaan wid and mi lose offa yuh. Yuh fuck nuff gyal but this is basically your first relationship so yuh a learn."

If is one ting bout Dane him ago speak him mind.

"Ok mi get seh mi fuck up but how do I fix it? I've apologised but she says she doesn't know if she wants me." I say to Dane.

"The same energy you put into breaking her put it into fixing things. Action speaks louder than words." Omar chimes in.

I sigh because I don't know what to do.