Chapter 9

Shanya's POV

Saturday 12:20 AM

"Are you cold?" Alex asks me and I nod telling him yes.

We're sitting on the bedroom balcony looking out at the night sky, the property is even more beautiful at night.

He gets up and slides the door to enter the bedroom, he's so handsome, sometimes I can't believe that he's mine. He comes back with a blanket and walks over to where I'm sitting on the unusually big love seat. It is so soft and comfortable; this is one of my favourite places in the house.

"Up." He says and I get up and watch him sit down, he pulls me to sit in his lap and puts the blanket over me. I snuggle up to him and inhale his scent.

"You smell good." I tell him.

"Yuh fuck too much." He chuckles and replies.

"Do you mind?" I ask, looking up at him. He takes my hand and puts it on his erection, he's hard.

"Fuck no." He answers and I laugh.

"Babe, I am sorry for the pain I caused you, I went about the situation all wrong and I won't ever make the mistake of leaving you again." He tells me and kiss my neck.

"I should take some blame too, I should've taken your feelings into account when I was dancing. I won't ever disrespect our relationship again." I hold my head back, looking up at him and tell him.

He laughs "Yuh know yuh nearly mad mi though?" He's laughing but I don't know why.

"Wah yuh mean?" I want clarity.

"When you left, I couldn't function, I couldn't even come into this room because it reminded me of you. I couldn't sleep and I haven't touched a computer in days." He tells me and I sit up straight.

"You haven't touched a computer?" I almost shout.

"Mi shock too, but the pull was no longer there. It's no longer my anchor, you are." His words warm my soul and I kiss him.

"Wait Alex, you can sing!" I jump up in his lap turning to face him.

"Ouch" he says, holding my waist to help me straddle him gently.

"Yes, I can, I also play several instruments too. Piano, guitar, keyboard, classical guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, violin and my favourite the drums." He explains and I am in awe.

"How?" I enquire.

"Babe, before coming to Jamaica I was home schooled, my father wanted me to learn everything. Before computers, music was my outlet, I mastered the instruments quickly and would just move on to the next thing. I got my voice from my maternal grandma, let me show you." He lifts me off him and goes back to the room.

He returns with his phone and sits beside me. He plays a video of a lady maybe in her seventies singing. She's in church leading praise and worship it seems, oh my God she sounds even better than Alex.

"Wow, I have goosebumps, she's amazing!" I complement her and he smiles. "Can your mom sing too?" I ask and he bursts out laughing.

"Not even fi save her life!" He replies, still laughing.

"Why didn't you become a musician?" I must ask because he's very good.

"I'm not good with people so a profession that requires dealing with people would never work for me." He explains and I nod.

"Is your grandma still alive?" I ask him and he nods telling me yes.

"Yes, she is, my grandpa died a few years ago though." He shares and I climb back onto his lap.