Chapter 16

Shanya's POV

Friday 7:30 PM

We come back with the pizzas and put them in the living room. I take Alex's pizza up to him, he's in his office.

"Hey Babe, where's my car?" I ask putting the pizza on his desk.

"I sold it." He says opening the pizza box, I slap the box shut.

"What!" I exclaim.

He looks at me and says, "you heard right Shanya, I had it sold. The money is in your account."

"How dare you sell my car without my permission Alex, and doesn't it require my signature?" I ask in disbelief.

"Your car is not safe Shanya, the Range has been transferred to you, so you own it outright, I have no claims to it. If you don't want it, I can buy you a new car, but I don't regret selling your car." He tells me.

I hate when he's like this. He's so frustrating!

"I may be frustrating but it's for your own good." He tells me opening the pizza box and taking a slice.

My brain to mouth filter is broken again. I don't care he needs to know that he's an asshole.

He's watching me and eating his pizza with a smirk.

"I can't stand you, Alex!" I take up the box of pizza and march from his office.

Shanya's POV

Friday 11:00 PM

Putting on a happy face when you're not happy is hard. I am upset but I have guests so I have to push my anger aside.

We watched two movies and ate pizza and popcorn but we start studying again tomorrow at eleven so we're all calling it a night.

I walk up the stairs and head to the bedroom and my hidden anger surfaces as I remember what Alex did.

I enter the room and he's in bed lying on his stomach, I know the brute is not sleeping. I walk into the bathroom and pee. I took a shower earlier but I smell like popcorn, so I remove my clothes and step in the shower.

The water feels great on my body, but it does nothing to ease my frustration towards Alex. I step out of the shower and then dry my body. I brush my teeth and exit the bathroom.

Alex is now on his back with his hands folded behind his head watching me. I walk into the closet and put on matching pyjama shorts and top.

I turn off the light and climb into the bed, I go under the sheet and turn my back to Alex.

His hand touch my shoulder and I shake it off. He settles behind me with his hand around my waist, I remove his hand and slide out of the bed.

I turn on the light and stand looking at him.

"Shanya I've been waiting up for you, I'm ready to go to sleep." He says, looking like an innocent person.

"So wah a stop yuh Alex?" I ask.

"Shanya you know I don't like sleeping without you, come to bed." He tells me and I roll my eyes.

"Yuh know seh mi convince seh yuh mad. Something not right wid yuh upstairs." I tell him and grab my pillow and start walking towards the door.

I am not sleeping in this room with him. He hurries out of bed and blocks my way.

"Move!" I say forcefully.

"Weh yuh a go?" He asks and I kiss my teeth.

"Mi nah sleep in here with you. Yuh too fucking out of order. Sell mi car without my knowledge and then act like you did nothing wrong!" I raise my voice at him.

"Shanya lower your voice, remember we have guests." He tells me and I push at his chest. He doesn't move.

"Oh, so that's why yuh dweet because yuh think mi fraid fi mek noise in yah because of people? Yuh have a next thing coming Alex!" I say in the same tone of voice.

"Shanya I keep telling you that your car is not safe, the Range is fully secured and your safety is important to me." He tells me in a calm voice.

"Alex yuh cross d line and mi no think mi can tek anymore of your fuckry." I tell him and step around him but he grabs my hand.

"Shanya please understand where I'm coming from, I worry about you, and I did it for your protection." He tells me and leads me back to the bed.

"Alex, would it have killed you to discuss it with me? This is not the kind of relationship that I want. You can't go around making decisions that will affect me without my knowledge." I drag my hand from his hold.

"Shanya, you have the money, you have a much better car so what's the big deal?" He asks and I lose it.

"Alex, it wasn't just a car, it was an achievement. My mother struggled to buy it and owning it was a big deal! I shout at him.

"If I had asked you, would you have agreed to sell it Shanya?" He asks me.

"That's beside the point now, you never gave me an opportunity to choose. Alex, you have money coming out of your ass so you wouldn't begin to understand what I'm saying!" I yell at him.

"Shanya, watch it!" He's upset now.

"No tell mi fi watch it, you had no right to sell my car behind my back! If it was that important to you then come and talk to me, explain yourself and then let's compromise. Stop trying to control my fucking life, mi never sign up fi dis!" I yell and he holds my hand and leads me into the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

"Shanya, I will not tell you again to keep your voice down. I knew you would have said no, and it wasn't a risk I was willing to take." He runs his hand through his hair, and I try to calm down.

"You aren't getting it enuh, it wasn't just a car to me. You people who are born into wealth will never understand." I kiss my teeth.

"Shanya, I get that my wealth overwhelms you and I understand where you're coming from. Know this, I haven't touched a penny of my father's money. I've worked very hard and still do so that I can provide for my wife and children. You are the woman in my life, and I want to take care of you. The Range is a safer vehicle, and I should be able to gift it to you or buy you another vehicle because you're my woman. Baby, you know what I do for a living, I wouldn't forgive myself if something happened to you because of me. Yes, I should've spoken to you about it and I'm sorry but please also try to understand where I'm coming from." He sighs and walks away from me.

"Alex, I understand where you're coming from, and I would've understood if you had spoken to me before getting up and selling my car without my approval." I tell him as I sit on the closed toilet seat.

He doesn't say anything, and I continue "If this is how you're going to treat me then as much as I love you, I can't be with you, it's not healthy. I have a mind and a voice; I want to use them. I don't want you making decisions for me, I'm not a child, I am your partner, and we should be making decisions together. If you can't do that, tell me now so that I can call it quits sooner rather than later." I say while looking up at him.

"Ok, I'll do better." He says in a sad voice.

"I'm going to bed, and don't you dare touch me, you will not use sex to fix this issue." I tell him and walk out of the bathroom. 

****

VOTE VOTE VOTE