Chapter 25: Johannes

Monday 26th July.

Jahseh and I were riding through the city, listening to Rod Wave and smoking. We pulled up at this cliffside with a bench and sat down but left the car open to be able to hear the music.

"Ok, I finally gettt the meaninggg of fighting demonssssss, "Jahseh sang loudly, handing me the blunt.

"Babyyy...you can singgg, "I smiled at his voice.

"Mayne you high as fuck," he chuckled, his eyes squinting.

"You know I thought that this life would be flashy shit. I never thought a forty-something-year-old woman would be my biggest opp, "I laughed humorlessly, shaking my head.

"Shii..that's my momma," he shook his head, leaning on me.

"Thinkin' bout the problems I faced, make my heart race!"I hummed along and then started again, "Do I wanna Deal with the pain that tomorrow brings?"I stressed, rolling up another while Jahseh finished the last one. Cause do I? I'm tired. All weekend I've been making calls, tryna figure out who for my mother and who not, changing the headquarters, and all that boring shit that I gotta do to protect mines from that old, cold bitch.

"Do we, like for real. We always end up by a cliff, maybe that shit is a sign," he shook his head.

"If you do it, Imma do it."

"Nah, we can't give up D. We got shit to do. And how will I marry your dumbass one day if we take the easy way out?"

"Put it on him, make him wanna marry me. Ayeee, "I sang

"I don't know what you be smoking besides weed, but stop mayne," he straight-faced me.

I waved him off giggling.

"She looks like the girl of my dreams," he tapped my chin and kissed my cheek. I blushed at the little gesture while he hummed along to the rest of the song.

"I haven't heard from Wayde since the funeral, been calling his phone and shit but no hope, Ion even know where he lives. We don't go near his family often out of respect. He's the only one of us that got older kids and he doesn't want them involved in all the shit we are in at all. I love those my god kids a lot though, them Lil motherfuckers make me bake cookies and shiii," he stated after a bit.

"You bake?"I ask in between fits of laughter, "I can't picture that Jahseh, I swear."

"Don't be laughing..my shit is da bomb."

"You don't think he and Five-?"I got back to the topic at hand.

"Nah but I wanna know if he alright. If it's just that shit ain't wrong and he on a break or whatever, Ion wanna interrupt his privacy cause he ain't the sharing type."

Tuesday 27th at 9:00 am.

Jahseh and I were awoken by a screaming Kym so we rushed our way out of the bedroom to see her frantically but the volume up a news station as we crashed onto the couch next to her and Erica. Money and Shaniah left to help out with some stuff.

"Good Morning, Today the population is fearful that there has been an awakening of another Serial Killer as the smoke of a house in the suburbs on 75th street,  blows in the wind. The gruesome murder of the couple, Wayde and Kerwin White along with their two adopted, tween children was said to take place last night. After evident torture, the four persons were said to be set on fire, head first. On the scene, only the bones of the structure were left surrounding and the charred human remains, "the reporter said but all that was to follow was a blur.