Mission Time

-IQ POV-

-The Next Day-

"Operators Blade and IQ report to my office, please and thank you"

I looked up from my book as I heard me and Y/N getting called down to Six's office.  With that tone of voice, it can only mean one thing:  we have a mission.  Sighing, I marked my place in my book, and set it down on the nightstand next to me, and quickly slid out of bed.  Y/N was at the gym for the third time today, which I found rather hot.  He probably heard the summoning, so I assumed he was heading down.  I quickly threw on a Team Rainbow sweatshirt over my bra and slipped into a pair of jeans, and headed down, praying I was wrong on the mission aspect.

I knocked on Harry's door, and a formal 'come in' was spoken.  I opened the door, and Y/N was already there, smiling as he saw me come in.

"Now then, down to business.  I have a small mission for you two.  Reconnasense.  Gather intel, and return"

"Seems simple enough"  Y/N nodded, skimming through the files of the mission.

"Location?"  I asked.

"Boston"  Harry smiled.  "One of my personal favorites.  Apparently, there's a group backed by the Masks.  I want you to find them, and gather what you can, see if they're worth the effort."

"So...we're scouting?"  I asked.  Harry nodded. 

"Simple in-and-out operation.  I am positive you two can take care of it.  Plus"  Harry pulled out something from his desk drawer and handed them to us.  I took a look at mine, and nearly gasped.

"Harry..."  before I could continue, Harry raised his hand and smiled.

"You two have both worked extremely hard these past couple of months, and it has not gone unnoticed.  While, for legal reasons, I can't give you a vacation until your posted dates, I can give you two a night's furlough...so I have."  I looked back down at my movie ticket for Venom: Let There Be Carnage, and I smiled.

"Thank you Harry"  Y/N smiled.

"You are very welcome,"  Harry smiled.  "Don't let this distract you from your mission.  This info could prove critical to our success against the White Mask"

"Yes sir"  I soluted.

"When do we leave?"  Y/N asked.

"Tonight"  Harry responded, going back into serious mode.  "Wheels up at 22:00"

"Weapons?"

"Sidearms only"  Harry responded to Y/N, looking him dead in the eye.  "We have a contact in the location should you need something more...substantial"  he spoke, handing me a notecard with a number and an address written on it.

"And this...contact?  He can be trusted?"  Y/N asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It's a she, and yes, she can be trusted.  I've thought about recruiting her and her first-in-command into Rainbow for some time".  Y/N nods.  I pocket the number for the contact and Harry fills us in on little details, before sending us on our way.  In the hallway, Y/N and I talked about our little mission, and what to do if we need the contact.

"I say we don't use it"  Y/N spoke, fast and stern.  This made me curious.

"How come?  Harry trusts her"  I spoke.

"I know, and I trust Harry...i don't know".  I give him a little hug from behind, letting my head rest on his back.

"Nervous?"

"Maybe"

"Don't be.  We have each other".  I felt him tighten his grip a bit, hugging me closer.  I smiled smally as I hugged him back.