5. CAST AWAY

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆

|ꜱᴏʟᴀʀɪꜱ |

When we landed back home, I knelt and hugged the ground. Worshiping it.

"Oh, I'll never take you for granted again."

"Why did you bring us back?" Thor questioned our father as I got up to my feet.

"Do you realize what you've done? What you've started?" Father questioned his son with anger as Kilorn and Sif helped Fandral to his feet.

"I was protecting my home."

"You cannot even protect your friends! How can you hope to protect a kingdom?" Father pointed to Fandral and Volstagg, "Get him to the healing room! Now!"

"Good luck." Kilorn whispered and I mouthed 'thanks' to him as he and the others left, and I went to stand with Loki.

"There won't be a kingdom to protect if you're afraid to act!"

Father stared at him, "They must learn to fear me, just as they once feared you."

"That's pride and vanity talking. Not leadership! Have you forgotten everything I've taught you about a warrior's patience?"

"While you wait and be patient, the Nine Realms laugh at us! The old ways are done. You'd stand giving speeches while Asgard falls!"

"You're a vain, greedy, cruel boy!"

"And you are an old man and a fool!"

The whole world seems to stop at Thor's words. Father falls quiet and Loki and I exchange looks. Oh, bloody hell. When Father speaks again, there's something terrifying beneath the calmness of his words.

"Yes. I was a fool to think you were ready."

"Father-" Loki and I started to defend our big brother, but Father jabbed a finger towards us and a scowl signaling for us to be quiet, and we both immediately stepped back.

"Thor Odinson...you have betrayed the express command of your King. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you have opened these peaceful Realms and innocent lives to the horror and desolation of war!"

Father plunges Gungnir into the Observatory's control panel. The turret turns, the Bifrost energy building along with Odin's rage. It fires, and the Bifrost opens at the end.

Our father walks to Thor with anger and rips a disc off of his chest "You are unworthy of this Realm..."

I watched with horror as he kept ripping them off. "...unworthy of your title"

"Father-"

"......unworthy of the loved ones you've betrayed."

Father steps back onto the podium and holds out a hand, "I now take from you your power!" Mjolnir goes flying from Thor's grasp into his hand.

Oh my-

"In the name of my father..." A sliver of lightning comes off the hammer and hits Thor, disintegrating the right arm of his armor and part of the chest piece.

"...and of his father before..."

Another strike disintegrates the remainder of Thor's armor, including the cape and torn-away disc on the floor.

"I, Odin, All-father cast you out!"

Father thrusts Mjolnir before him and -- with a crack of Thunder -- Thor is hurled backwards into the open Bifrost and disappears in the vortex.

I couldn't believe my eyes as I whirled to face the vortex, "Thor!"

Father threw Mjolnir at the vortex, and I was both confused and angry. "What the bloody hell was that?!"

"You know exactly what it was! Your brother is arrogant and reckless."

"And sending him down to Midgard was the answer?!"

Father nodded, twisting the Gungnir from the podium to close the vortex. "It was. He's taken us to the brink of war!"

I looked to Loki with my mouth hanging open and then back to Father. "You can't just do that!"

"As the all-father and as your father I can!" Father boomed. "And as the all-father you can bring him back!"

"No. His fate is in his own hands now."

I couldn't help myself and stomped my foot like an angry kid, emitting some solar energy on the ground. "ARGH!"

I stormed away, not daring to look back as I stormed down the bridge to my horse, I untied the reins and quickly got on board. I flicked the reins and she started off, racing down the bridge and my hair flew in the wind, and I was honestly thankful for it. I need some air.

God, I know that Father always has a reason behind all the things he does but sending his son, my brother, down to Midgard to a world of mortals, stripped of his powers, to suffer alone is just crossing the line.

"Wait here Goddess." I told my horse as I got down from her and removed her reins to let her run free in the forest. Yes, I know, I called my horse Goddess.

She neighed and ran, happy for the exercise and freedom. I raked a hand through my hair in exasperation. We had stopped by a cliff in the forest, it looked over the kingdom. The palace, the marketplace, the village, the schoolhouse. I always come up here when I need to think, take a breather. There's a small stone bench that I had carved my initials into to claim it was mine.

The last time I came up here was after I broke things off my boyfriend. Finding people, you can actually get to know and date when you're a princess is hard. He was arrogant anyway.

"I figured you'd be here."

I threw my head back to see Loki walk up. "Loki, I just really want to be alone right now."

"Yeah, that's not happening."

I sighed and moved to the side to give him space on the bench. At this point he knew what he was getting into when he sat down on the bench because as soon as he did, I started yelling. "He didn't even talk about it first; he just went all up and threw him out!"

Loki lowered his hands motioning for me to take a breath which I did. "It's just not fair."

"You know our father, Rory. I think it was in Thor's best interest. Maybe living amongst the humans he'll change his ways and father will let him return."

I knit my eyebrows together. "You really think so?"

Loki nodded. "I know so."

I exhaled and nodded, trying to calm myself and stop worrying about my brother. "That's a nice thought." I smoothed my hands out on my thighs. "So, you want to tell the others, or do I?"

"You do it. Then Sif might not murder me." I chuckled and we stood from the stone bench, I whistled for Goddess who came running at the sound, trotting to a stop right in front of me.

"Race you to the healing room?" I asked Loki as I started to buckle the saddle on Goddesses' back. "It already started!" Loki yelled back; it took me a second to realize he was already running away on top of his horse's back.

"Cheater!" I yelled as I quickly put my feet into the straps of the saddle, took the reins and flicked the reins, and we took off running after them.