29. BATTLE FOR NEWYORK

。・:*:・゚★ 。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★ 。・:*:・゚☆

|ꜱᴏʟᴀʀɪꜱ |

I held in a gasp as more Leviathans exit the portal in the sky, "Guys." Nat says wearily.

"Call it, Cap."

"Alright, listen up," Steve took charge. "Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out; you turn it back or you turn it to ash."

Clint looked over at Tony. "Wanna give me a lift?"

He nodded "Right. Better clench up, LEGOLAS." Tony grabs Clint and lifts him into the sky towards the building.

"Thor, you've gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You've got the lightning. Light the bastards up." He orders my brother; Thor nods and uses his Hammer to fly up towards the empire state building.

"What about us?" I ask him, referring to myself and Nat.

"You need to go join Thor up in the sky, you have the sun, burn them up." I grinned, clutching my staff and tucking my feet in as I flew up.

I flew up into the sky and kept rising till I was out of Earth's atmosphere. "Hey stark, you might want to get to the ground."

"Uh why?" Tony asked, sounding wearily. His voice was glitching because I was so up.

Thor answered for me. "She's going to create a storm."

I grin, "That's right. Which means your suit is going to fail and every single Chitauri ship is going to fall out of the sky. So, get your bullets, bows, shield, hammer, and fists ready."

I looked up at the sun. I took a breath and focused. Creating a solar storm was harder than you can imagine. My body begins to generate solar flares, circling around me. I looked down to the city, at all the Chitauri that were making their way to me. I smirked and expanded my arms, the solar flare rings breaking and sent solar energy everywhere.

I pulled back the solar flares and headed back down to the city. Everything electrical in the city; the lights on all the buildings, the electric billboards, electric cars and anything else electrical went into a fritz, even the machine that was keeping the portal open was fritzing. The Chitauri ships were falling. They all fell from the sky, the second they exited the portal their ships plummeted. They touched the ground at rapid speed, exploding like a chain of fireworks from my view up in the sky. The team on the ground dealt with the walking Chitauri while Thor and I made sure to incinerate the falling chitauri ships so they wouldn't cause maximum damage to the city.

The only thing in the city that hadn't powered down was the portal, because of course there is no way to turn it off. I sucked back in the storm, pulling it all to me. If I kept it up longer the city would suffer. The electricity turned right back on; Tony flew up the second it did.