16. RECURITMENT

|ꜱᴏʟᴀʀɪꜱ |

。・:*:・゚★ 。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★ 。・:*:・゚☆

"Does it hurt?" Coulson asked as the scab fell off my skin. For humans after cauterizing the burn falls out after around 4-6 weeks. Mine fell off quickly. "It doesn't."

I crack my neck, pulling my hair into a ponytail as Coulson dialed Natasha. Nat was in Russia undercover, we had to pull her from it. We were going to need her help for what was coming. Fury said the two of us were going on a little recruitment mission.

Coulson raised the phone to his ear and waited for her to answer. "Let's just skip the introductions." Coulson said. Yes, he got through.

Coulson looked up at the screen that had Nats location. "You're at 114 Solenski Plaza, 3rd floor. We have an F22 exactly 8 miles out. Put the lady on the phone or I will blow up the block before you can make the lobby."

Coulson smiled, meaning he got Nat on the phone, he hands it to me. "Hello?" came in Nat's voice. She sounded annoyed. "Hey Nat." I greeted. "So, listen, we need you to come in."

"Are you kidding? I'm working!"

"Yeah, well this is more important than whatever you're doing right now."

"I'm in the middle of an interrogation and this moron is giving me everything. Tell Coulson he can't pull us out of this right now."

I took a deep breath as I got ready to tell her what happened. "Nat, it's Clint. He's compromised."

Nat paused, "Let me put you on hold." I glanced up at Coulson waiting for Nat to finish what she was doing. I could hear the fighting sounds from the other side, also the yelling and Russian cursing.

As soon as the sounds stopped, I regained myself. "Where's Barton now?" Nat asked.

I sighed and picked my sleeve. I wish I knew where he was. "We don't know."

"But he's alive."

I force myself to nod. "We think so. Coulson will brief you on everything when you get back. But first, Fury needs you to talk to 'the big guy.'" Whoever the bloody hell that person is.

Natasha snorted. "Put me on speaker."

I lowered the phone and stared at the keys puzzled. I still don't know how they work. "Which one's the speaker?" I whispered to Coulson. He took the phone and pressed the speaker button, "You're on speaker."

"Coulson, you know that Stark only trusts me about as far as he can throw me."

Coulson shook her head, "No. I have Stark. Aurora has Rogers and you have the other big guy."